ATM Question

liquidflux

quote:

Originally posted by AussieDoug:

I have never seen an ATM spit out 100BHT notes

I have often pulled out an amount of say 9900B so I get 4 x 100BHT notes included. Usefull if I hitting the bars and need some small change for those critical moments instead of just having a wad of 500's or 1000's.

Cheers,

quote:

Originally posted by AussieDoug:

[QB]All ATM's have only 2 or three cash drawers, so you can only get those combination,usually 1000 and 500 bht notes, I think UPSer meant 500bht notes, I have never seen an ATM spit out 100BHT notes, that's $3, not worth it.

QB]

They have 100 baht notes for sure as i have had the situation were the ATM computer will say we have only 100 baht notes left do you want to carry on with the transaction or cancel, Not good when you are on your way to soi 33 thats a bundle you need ''LOL''

A 100 baht is a lot to most locals not just 3 dollars it actually maybe the whole or bigger part of there days salary.

''just my hundred bahts worth''

Racha,

quote:

Originally posted by liquidflux:

What size note do you get when you make a withdrawl from an ATM machine in thailand, is it 1000B? Thanks in advance.

Chris
tongue.gif" border="0

I used the TFB and Bangkok Bank ATMs around Sukhumvit between Sois 3 and 21. I usually as for an amount such as 4400 or 4900 baht so that I can get some 100 baht bills. 90 percent of the time I will get 1000 baht bills instead of 500s.

Shotover

Archived