Who's That Girl??

Long Gun

You know the one! Now a regular feature of an evening stroll along upper Sukhumvit, very dark skin (presumably because she seems to live in the middle of the road, under the skytrain) filthy clothes, matted hair but strikingly beautiful. Mood varies between a beatific smile and anguished rage at nothing in particular, that we can see anyway. Gives the impression of being completely bonkers although I watched her performance over a couple of hours in the early morning and it actually seems quite controlled, more a piece of performance art to draw attention to her broken heart. She stamps, she screams, but nobody else gets involved, nobody gets hurt, nothing gets broken.

I was told she used to work in Soi Cowboy, in the vicinity of Joe Bar or Moonshine. I am sure that some of you must recognise her or know something about her. What's her story? Oh, and has anyone here ever shagged her??

LG

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long gun,

You got to be kidding! I really have compassion for her. It is too bad that the thai culture/system doesn't rescue her from her street life. She has completely fallen through the cracks.

I probably pass her every day in some fashion. I would guess she is either schizo or some other serious mental illness.

You just can't be serious in your judgment about her or even thinking that farangs would try to pick her up. Have some sympathy. Re-assess your judgment. Will be interested in hearing what other ex-pats have to say about her.

Wow, you scare me that you could think that this. Take two aspirin, go to bed and come back with another evaluation in the morning.............

cardinalblue

CB

I admire your faith in farangkind! There are people out there who would fuck a hole in the wall if the price was right - though of course we wouldn't expect them to be reading such a select board as this!

Anyway, I really wasn't looking for a review or recommendation! I was actually thinking someone might have 'known' her in her Soi Cowboy days.

LG

I know the girl you are talking about, she sleeps along the pedestrian over pass near soi 8, she for sure needs some help i doubt she has a shower or a decent meal in months.

Nah, I think she eats well enough, and she is definitely approachable. I watched a farang guy talk her down a few times the other night, she would sit with him and his (female) friends and seemingly converse quite happily but then explode onto the pavement and start stamping her feet, pointing and shouting.

CB's assessment of schizophrenia looks reasonable, but as I said, I had an uneasy feeling that it is all a controlled, but extreme, performance. I am not at all sure whose benefit it is for and I think I would be more comfortable with the knowledge that she is ill.

LG

In the west the "mental cases" are usually locked up. Thais will tell you that they are more compassionate, since they let them live with their families at home. Problem is that often then run off from their families, or their families give up and boot them out. Then you found them walking the steets, living under bridges etc. Think of how may unwashed "strange people" you have seen since you've been in Bangkok. Bet it's quite a few.

I dont' know that one, but how about that poor soul with legs cut off. geezz He has to crawl at 2ft an hr with a money cup in front of him!

>There are people out there who would fuck a hole in the wall if the price was right

Would the hole in the wall take 300 Baht for LT?

Archived