Who's That Girl??

Long Gun

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LG,

I also see her often .. in the morning, I see her sleeping near Sukhumvit Plaza (soi 12). Throughout the day, she's up and down the Suk.

I asked one the beer bar girl about her and they just said "maybe she smoked too much" ... meaning ya-ba.

I've never seen her with any luggage. However, periodically, she is washed and have changed clothes. I'm sure someone is shagging her ... one time, I've seen her walking with a couple of very *shady* looking farangs. I'm sure there are people out there lookinig for a cheap shag ... whereever they can get it.

For me what is amazing is the tolerance shown by Thai business owners. Sometimes, she stands in front of some street vendor, looking at a mirror and mumbling ... the stall vendor just stand aside and wait for her to go away ... have not seen any hostility from any shop owners to her.

I am not sure if she is *acting* and if she is ... in some way, I would feel better.

Yeah, Jazz, that ya ba connection does seem to keep cropping up. Scary! Why aren't there more like her? Given the natural tendency of many of the girls to display near-schizophrenic behaviour, I would have thought the drugs would have taken a few of them over the edge.

As Farangman also mentioned, she does change her clothes now and again - weekly? - though I can't say I've noticed her ever looking 'clean'.

LG

Haven´t seen this particular girl, but she sure sounds like a schitzofreniac with acute psychosis.

This can be triggered by drugs (yaba, hash etc.) or even by other trauma. Schitzofrenia usually makes the debute in late teen age / early adulthood.

It´s quite rare with really long lasting psychotic episodes that are caused by drugs only, usually there is an underlying psychiatric illness that comes to daylight, triggered by drugs.

So, to the point: Now you guys have noticed the girl and she is obviously ill. Are you gonna do something or just go on ? If you are going to do something, what ? What are the options in BKK ? Is there any mobile mental care units to take care of this girl ? Any charity organizations to be informed ? Anything ?

<<<Now you guys have noticed the girl and she is obviously ill. Are you gonna do something or just go on ?>>>

Wow ... if I can be frank (and I don't mean my buddy), this is rather a pompous attitude from you .... (maybe I am just reading you all wrong).

Do you know how many people I meet in BKK or other parts of the world that breaks my heart ... to see other human beings living in destitute while I live such a nice life??? Do you know how many times I get depressed thinking why this is so ... and get frustrated at one person's limit on helping others???

Individual marches by hir or her own conscious and morality. It's not fair for you to dictate this to others. I have no problem with any of your writing except for the the part "Are you gonna do something or just go on".

Some of us may not be in position to help or have the willingness to help and that should be ok.

I think you're being a bit harsh, Jazz. Reading that last paragraph carefully, I got the impression that lauri was more curious about the options available in Thailand, rather than simply trying to put people down.

Last year, I tried to help get treatment for a Thai girl that heavily addicted to yaa baa and had a lot of serious mental problems. It's not easy. First of all, there's the problem of getting her to accept treatment. Secondly, you find that dealing with a case like this can have a nasty, detrimental effect on you, the inexperienced carer. Thirdly, you're a bit out of your depth, looking for a solution in a foreign country. Lastly, you find out that there don't seem to be many options available to help you in Thailand. Whether I posted on here looking for help (no response), researched on the Web, or took her to Bumrungrad, I couldn't find much in the way of help. I found that surprising considering the daily publicity of the problems that Thailand is experiencing due to yaa baa abuse. I can only remember the Police Hospital being cited as a treatment centre and was told that that was very hard to get into.

Well, I tried my best to help, with constant supervision and medication. In the end though, it was probably through her own volition - realisation that she was destroying herself, that a better life was possible and, most of all, feelings of responsibilities to her new young family - that she pulled through. She seems OK up to this day, by the way.

<<<I got the impression that lauri was more curious about the options available in Thailand, rather than simply trying to put people down.>>>

Well, I hope that was the case and if so, then I apologize.

Your effort is definitely honorable.

Sometimes, my "bkk blues" is the guilt I feel ... being a foreigner in a country where I am so much better off than they are, financially. And feeling of powerless to help everyone you see on the street. For my own sanity, I need to *numb* myself at times at the surrounding and do what is within my means.

I see the poor creature every day ...

She often gets handouts and is regularily seen 'shopping' in Family Mart for coke and pop-corn.

She has had two 'scrub ups' in the last couple of weeks but always returns to the street.

Saw her a couple of days back she was having a few drinks (bottle of Mekong or similar) just down from Soi 15 in the shop/news agent cum bar/ shutter place with a couple of falangs - had a massive smile on her face - later on seen screaming her head off at nobody in particular ...

She needs to be in a 'home' - sad case.

At the moment she seems to do very well. Almost every day she is wearing different clothes. Yesterday evening she was sitting outside near THERMAE drinking whiskey and eating a big bowl of noodle soup. She even gave me a big smile. I suppose she even had a shower in the last few days. Just wonder if she has one or more sponsors from this board.

(Sorry for this imputation)

Didier

Archived