Thousands of men?

khunsanuk

Just to add another line of logic here. I imagine the average should be somewhere in and around the quota of the establishment. Basically it's a sales job. There's probably a quota for the owner of the establishment to stay in business. For the owner that would figure on how many girls to keep on shift and to have only ones that generate business. The balance would be to have enough supply to meet the demand. A quota is to weed out the non performers providing they aren't overstaffed. If a girl isn't earning her keep she's a liability and will encouraged to improve or eventually be asked to leave. Whether the quota is X number per week or month they would expect that on average it would be met. The stars and go getters might blow that quota away in a weekend during a busy period while the reluctant, less desirable, or less personable ones may not make quota at all. If the quota were unrealisticly low and everyone made it many times over in a fraction of the time the owner would understandably raise the bar to what could be a realistic expectation. If the quota were too high no one would make it and the mama san should go out and prove that it could be done herself. So I might guess the quota isn't exactly aribitrary. That's why one of the previous posters said that certain establishments have higher quotas than others. As far as career length? I doubt many last all that long. 10 years I imagine would be quite a feat considering the lifestyle involved. It's not exactly like being an office manager. There are those that seem like career pros. They seem like the environment doesn't faze them at all and it's just a job, maybe even a fun job. Then there's those you see that you can tell really can't stand being there. I bet the turnover is high. I'd guess most drift off or quit after a brief period. I'm sure that industry doesn't exactly attract the most stable individuals. The ones that make it a couple years might last longer since they probably have become accustomed to it as a part of life. Whether their carreers are relatively short or long I bet there is a pretty harsh burnout. As the saying goes "it's not so much the age as the milage".

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add my 2 cents here...

I think something like the 80/20 rule applies. Those 20% really hot chicks that are willing to do lots of short times fuck 80% of the guys. Or something like that. Hot go-go girls that are very serious about selling themselves, hot massage parlor girls (by definition ST), those types.

I have spent lots of time at a couple of bars and learned and observed a few things. One bar owner gave a bonus to the girl that got the most bar fines. When the US Cobra was in town one girl got the bonus with 32 bar fines for the month, she'd been with 20 different guys. This was in a bar with about 15 girls on a busy month, and this bar was above average I'd say as looks go.

Another bar I spent a lot of time at over a few months, I noticed that a lot of girls were there a LOT of the time... they were not getting many barfines. Maybe 1/3 were wallpaper, never got fined as far as I could tell, and there were a few that were popular that were often offed, but even good looking girls were not getting fined too often in october/november.

On the other end of the scale, one girl I was with for a few months has a (according to her) very beautiful sister who works in Thai venues and goes with 2-4 guys a day at 1500 ST a pop. (3 of 4 of her the girls in her family do sex work!)

I have another example. Right after the baht devaluation, I once had a girl from a bar who was halfway through her university education- (the only sex worker that I have met who made it a point to read a Thai/English newspaper everyday and could discuss international politics)-she would only go with a man for a long time. The first question out of her mouth was how long r u staying, if the answer was less than 14 days then she wouldn't go with you. When I met her she had been barfined 9 out of 12 weeks by 3 men, I took her for 2 weeks. 2 months after I left she married one of her customers who took her to Europe.

All I can say is that I regret not being able to have married her myself. Sometimes I feel like hopping on a plane and looking for her in Europe, just to steal her away from her husband. She was pure heaven and a rare girl to find in the scene.

quote:

Originally posted by jjsushi:

-she would only go with a man for a long time. The first question out of her mouth was how long r u staying, if the answer was less than 14 days then she wouldn't go with you. When I met her she had been barfined 9 out of 12 weeks by 3 men, I took her for 2 weeks. 2 months after I left she married one of her customers who took her to Europe.

I've met girls that are very much prefer the AT ('all' time for days/weeks) deal as well. I like these girls because they are usually keen to keep you happy and keep you. Girls that get barfined several times a day can afford to be indifferent.

quote:

Originally posted by worldwalker:

[QB]Just to add my 2 cents here...

I think something like the 80/20 rule applies. Those 20% really hot chicks that are willing to do lots of short times fuck 80% of the guys. QB]

I have a friend who used to work as a pimp and he told me exactly this. Or rather more like 90/10. He told me that a top girl can pull 5 guys in one night. She'll charge $50 an hour (which will last 20 minutes) and in 5 minutes pull another guy. The other girls struggle to find a customer. Winner takes all.

Many industries work this way.

Archived