No smoking in Bangkok as of 1st August

Yehtmae

London underground just seemed so much cleaner after smoking was banned, I am not a Londoner so it can be years for me between rides.

Pathetic is a strong word, sad maybe? Big tough guys scampering to the exit , no other thought than to light that weed - surely that is sad at least.

I just do not like to be 'controlled'! Perhaps that helped me to give it up.

If my use of the word 'pathetic' makes you think of trying to give up the weed again, then I am glad of the use of the strong wording.

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

smokers described as pathetic is pathetic.

i don't live in London but have no trouble travelling on the Tube and getting off and no need to scamper to the exit to light up.

saying that some people who cannot give up smoking are pathetic is not right.

it's not easy for everyone to give up any drug of their choice.

i admire you for fighting the weed but not all are as righteous as your good self.

i have a chest complaint which gives me breathing problems.

my Consultant tells me that i SHOULD give up smoking,but not that i MUST give it up.

she smokes 4 times the amount of cigarettes a Day then me and knows that it is very hard for anyone to just stop.

she tells me that if you want to give up then your mind will help you.

but if you don't want to stop then you won't.

i like the fix of nicotine but have been trying hard to cut down.

and i have done well and cut down by a lot.

i would rather have the allure of Nicotine then Heroin or Cocaine,and i work with people who prefer the hard drugs but do not smoke cigarettes.

am i worse then them.......... :question: :question:

So can I just go grab some crap from the cellar and make it rise to the surface?

Any unwritten rule about this?

First of all, Rather than being merely "some crap from the cellar", I assumed astute readers would make a connection with the NEW antismoking legislation

Secondly, feel free to post any old crap you want to, as long as you stay within board rules.

Archived