internet banking? TFB or BBL?

iuytrede

When I am not in Thailand, I want to use internet banking for my Thai bank account.

Can anybody recommend a bank to do this?

Services, reliability, safety, fees...

I had a look at the websites of Thai Farmers Bank and Bangkok Bank. Bangkok Bank looks better to me, but I really don't have a clue.

Or how about Bank of Asia?

Thanks

Bank of Asia is supposed to be ok. Though, not too flashy. TFB's on-line service was picked as the best by Bangkok Post (or some such newspaper).

Bangkok Bank (which I bank with) does not have any Internet banking service as far as I'm aware of.

Straycat

Siam Commercial Bank. Best of the ones that I'm using. Very easy to use. Can pay almost all my local bills and credit card payments. Can also send money overseas (only for family support and educational support right now). Also, they are building the domestic transfer system (has been under construction for a year.

Thai Farmers Bank. All in Thai. I've asked repeatedly for an English site but they don't even answer their emails. I remember UPSer said that he used this site, but I still can't figure out how to get it in English. Very basic.

Krung Thai Bank. All in Thai and only gives you the account balance. Looks like it was done in Frontpage. Worst of the bunch.

Bangkok Bank. They just opened their internet banking. I have applied two weeks ago and I'm still waiting for my user name / password. Have the nice mouse pad that comes with the application ! I'll tell you how I like it once I try it.

Bank of Asia. On my list of things to do.

PomMichael--

TFB's site is mostly in Thai... I had them walk me thru the process in person at their main [Ratburana] Office.. This way I know how to use it.. Therefore if it's in english or thai is no problem. I'm suprised that you say they don't reply to their email. I've always gotten 24-hr max reply times. I'm sure like a lot of things in Thailand, it can be "hit or miss"...

--UPSer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is no requirment to have a work permit to use the BBL Internet Banking.

No where on the form do they ask for anything but your banking details.

Just fill out the form and send it in, and see what happens.

From my experiences, here is how I rate the Internet Banking sites :

Bangkok Bank - 9 / 10

Siam Commercial Bank - 8 / 10

Thai Farmers Bank - 6 / 10

Krung Thai Bank - 1 / 10

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

My account is at the Emporium branch.

I filled in the application form for ibanking at Nana branch. They asked for a work permit, but my non-immigrant visa was good enough. I got userID and PIN already.

Yesterday I was at Emporium branch to open a second account, and I wanted the second account included in ibanking. They told me again that I cannot have ibanking. They were very surprised when I told them that I have it already and they wanted to know where I got it. But in the end they were happy with a non-immigrant visa, too.

• 1 month later...

When I actually wanted to use Bangkoks Bank internet banking, I could not log on.

They don't answer emails and on the phone they very evasive. When they heard that I was not in Thailand they told me I need Thai Windows for their internet banking.

Which of course I don't have.

According to them outside Thailand one cannot use their internet banking, at least not in Asia (thats what they said, I don't understand this part).

So now I am looking for a bank again.

BTW any experience with HSBC?

Archived