internet banking? TFB or BBL?

iuytrede

I use HSBC in the States and my internet banking has been great accept for one exception. I must have got a representative who was having a bad hair day. It has since been rectified.

Through the grapevine I'm surprised about your experience as I'm told BKK Bank is the only thai bank with an internet system worth any grain of salt. TFB's is supposed to be incredibly poor. Then again, my sampling is largely from Thai's who can read the damn sites :)

<<burp>>

Reading the site is no problem, they have an English version.

But they tell me that even the English version relies on Thai Windows and that their customers in Japan and Chinese countries cannot use it (I am in Taiwan right now).

Oh, and HSBC Thailand doesn't have internebanking yet (coming soon).

If you log on to BBLs ibanking, they will switch the encoding on your computer to Thai Windows (you won't notice it, only if you check the encoding). They told me to switch encoding manually back to Western European, it would work with English Windows, but it didn't help.

They told me if my computer runs Chinese or Japanese Windows ibanking won't work. Supposedly it would work in Europe even outside England, I doubt it.

I find it amazing that they offer internet banking that people can only use in Thailand. But then this is the same as in Taiwan: internet banking of Taiwan banks works only here.

Archived