Tina Bar...WARNING!!!

yfs

Latst week at the Tina Bar , they padded my bill by 30%.

I complained, and was then surrounded by staff and was told I was mistaken. This occured on the first round.

Caveat emptor.

I paid up and left promptly.

Never to return.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sucks. I hate places that do that and will probably avoid there but have some questions about the circumstances. Were you alone? Did you have one or many drinks? Passing out lady drinks? What was the total bill? How did they pad it; extra chit's in the bin? What was it that prevented you from setting the record straight?

Tina Bar used to be a real undiscovered gem of a place and was referred to in my social circle as 'a taste of old bangkok' mainly because the girls there were such fun and about as non hardcore as it's possible to get.

Sadly over the last year many of the guys I know have reported bill padding on a piss-taking scale. The reason this sucked so badly was because these guys really like to party and would buy a whole table of ladydrinks, ring the bell every so often etc etc. Therefore the bar was earning 'much moolah' from them anyway but still got greedy....so a 6000bht tab would become a 8000bht tab etc etc.

The upshot was that my buddies stopped going there and through his own greed the Papasan has lost himself some premium customers.

Anyway, it sounds like the bill padding is still going on.

Apart from the bill padding which seems to happen too frequently for it to be "just a mistake", I dislike this place anyway because of an incident 6 months ago when I was in there having a quiet drink and a load of Jesters (motorcycle gang) came in. After 10 mins the papasan told the girl that was standing with me,

"leave him and stay with these guys, he won't buy you a drink anyway" I thought you greedy old prick, your quite happy to take my money when when there are no other customer !

I had this happen in Phuket in May. Went to Rock Hard with a friend, stayed for about 4 hours, a bunch of beers, lady drinks, etc. When the bill came it appeared high...I added up the chits and it came to 1000 B less! Told the waitress I would not pay...the head cashier (or whatever they call them) came over to apologise. Went back three nights later to the upstairs bar (forgot the name), and the same thing happened! Never going back to either again. Funny things is, if they were a little less greedy, and only padded the bill by a couple of hundred B, I would have never noticed! (btw, the manager at the upstairs bar, an American guy, told me that it was his staff doing it and pocketing the B. Bought the 4 of us (my friend and 2 BGs) a beer and a shot each). Guess the moral of the story is you need to be vilagent everywhere.

Archived