Bulls Head Tue 13th

racha

In reply to:

I am sure Pom Michael will post some of the questions for you tomorrow, He seems to remember most of them and I never see him writing them down so I was wondering how the hell he remembers them all, maybe he does not have as many beers as me.

The secret is much easier. I take home the answer sheets ! So, with the answers in front of me it is pretty easy to remember the questions, except for the song questions which I don't know to begin with (except for "The Cranberries / Salvation" and the team still owes me a beer over that one)!

See you tonight. If I'm early I'll stop in to The Office.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wanted to make it tonight but I'm feeling so under the weather right now and got about two hours sleep last night.

I barely had the energy to get home let alone face the Bull's Head table questions.

Sorry Long Gun mate. Shit happens. Keep in touch via the board and we'll all see you soon.

In reply to:

[color:red]First, for any board members that are thinking of participating in one of the quiz nights, you should give it a try. The quizzes are announced here every week so put in your name and show up (on time) !color=red>

Now, for the record we can start with :

a. Long Gun was LATE !

b. The NPF 1 team was disappointing, but still took home 3rd place!

c. The next Tuesday night quizzes are on 20 August (Dubliner) and 27 August (Londoner). Some of the members are starting to join the very informal Thursday night quiz at Hunters (Sukhumvit Soi 4).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bull's Head format is four rounds of questions, total 50 points each round, with 30 points (15 questions) on general knowledge, (one Thai question and one James Bond question in each round), 10 points on pictures and 10 points for music.

The teams consisted of :

NPF1 (Goodbye Long Gun Team)

PhiketPete

ItsMeDave

LiverpoolJim

PomMichael

NPF2 (Irregular 7)

Long Gun

Cent +1

MadMax

Racha and Ireland Colin arrived towards the end and we had to shut them up from passing the answers from the corner.

8 teams in total.

Round 1 started off pretty poorly, with both teams at close to the bottom of the pack with 33 and 33.5 points.

Questions for round one :

* Who wrote "Wind in Willows" ?

* The next Earth Summit will be held in what country ?

* The 2nd most used word in the English language ?

* Capital of Croatia ?

* Emphysema effects what organ ?

* SCUBA stands for ?

* Chinese game, name means "Sparrows" ?

Picture round was old album covers.

Music included The Monkees, Moody Blues, Kinks, Fine Young Cannibals.

Round two was even worse. Team 1 went down to 27.5 points and was even raised 0.5 points to meet the average score. Oh the Shame !

Questions for round two :

* What Italian team was relegated to 4th division due to financial difficulties this year ?

* A statue was erected in Moscow this week, what was the significance ?

* The lead actor in the movie Signs is ?

* If you hurt your Tarsals, what part of your body is hurting ?

* In 1945, the UK removed this bank note from circulation. What was the face value ?

* Guy Fawkes was arrested on what day ?

* Capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina ?

* How many yards in a mile ?

* The second most used letter in the English alphabet ?

Picture round was World Leaders.

Music included Genesis, Joe Walsh, Gary Glitter.

Round three is when the alcohol kicked in. We were 10 points behind the leaders. We felt good with our answers but 10 points is too much to make up in a single round so we were just playing for fun now. The last placed team had already changed their team name to The Imbeciles, so we couldn't even go for the booby prize.

The scores came in. Our 39.5 looked good. Then the top three teams scores came up last. 29.5, 27, 28. What ????? We made it to the top 2 in one round. What happened ?

Questions for round 3 :

* Who sponsors the Community Shield ?

* Who wrote the book, Phantom of the Opera ?

* What British actor is in the new Austin Powers film as Austin's father ?

* Enuresis is a condition more commonly called ?

* Who was Ronald Reagan's vice president during his second term ?

* Capital of Oman ?

* How many acres in a square mile ?

* APEC stands for what ?

* Capital of Nicaragua ?

* The three offensive weapons in Fencing ?

* The second most popular selling book in the UK ?

Picture round was another batch of album covers.

Songs included Joe Cocker, Spencer Davis Group, Paul McCarthy and Wings, and the Bare Naked Ladies.

The final round. Pressure was building, and now the alcohol induced high was crashing fast.

Our score of 31 was low, but was it just enough to hold on to a place ?

First place was out, that team (The WASPS if any of them are reading) won convincingly on the last round. Total of 141.5 points.

Second place was also out, won by The Dream Team with 134 points.

Third place ended in a tie, NPF1 with another team holding on at 131.5 points.

Did we want to share the prizes, or a playoff question. Before we could even think about it, the other team screamed Playoff !!! Fine by us.

Who was the first player from Latvia to play in the Premier League ? What ? What kind of trick question is this ? First team to shout the answer wins.

No clue at all.

Wait, PhiketPete is all animated, thinking, spurting out something, shouts out a last name ..... and Yes !!!! We got it.

Third place and the night was a success.

Questions for Round 4 :

* Who wrote ??? (forgot the book name, but the answer was Jonathan Swift).

* Who was the UN Goodwill Ambassador who visited Angola this month ?

* Superman lives in what city ?

* The first animal name in the dictionary ?

* Capital of Uruguay ?

* How much is a one day BTS card ?

* What London district did Jack the Ripper roam in ?

* What did SLORC stand for ?

* What century was the Spinning Jenny invented in ?

Picture round was cartoon characters (10 of 10 - what does this say about us ???)

Music included Sheryl Crow, America, Hootie and the Blowfish and Duran Duran.

The rest of the night, for Long Gun's send off, was [censored] ! Good Luck to Mr. Long Gun, keep in touch via the board.

Need to get a few more people involved, two teams of 6 are the goal for the Londoner Quiz on 27 August.

Cheers !

''Racha and Ireland Colin arrived towards the end and we had to shut them up from passing the answers from the corner''

How could i sit the quietly when they asked why Somjai Setbun was in the news lately and you guys were saying was it tennis,golf or what sport, I could not help myself not to tell you that she was the lady that jumped in the crocidile pit at Samut Prakhan, and Sheryl Crow is one of my favourites so had to slip you that one as well.

It was a good night out again after the quiz and it was a pity Long Gun had to go early. Nice report again Pom Michael and hows your head today laugh.gif

Racha,

My head is fine. Many years of living here have taught me :

a. Drink as much water as I can before I sleep.

b. Take one paracetamol.

c. Take one multi-vitamin.

Still tired, but able to make it in to work on time. Of course that means 10:00 am or so sometimes.

I do have to figure out why I have all of these ATM receipts and Visa slips, but no cash left in the wallet.

Of course, this post was about as productive as I was before noon ! I guess it is overtime work tonight.

See ya next week. What time is the Thursday Hunters' quiz ? Any one going ?

Cheers!

I would like to try the Thursday night Quiz but I doubt if it will be this week. Too many nights out recently and as you mention it does tend to have an imapct on productivity the following day

So count me out for now.

I am sure that Liverpool Jim will be in attendance.

I will be at the dubliner on tuesday though

Archived