Suicidal Punters. Why? *DELETED*

<<As my older brother put it whilst providing a post BKK debriefing to me. "Fred...in Thailand it's all about money"

so ,what is the big difference to other places dealing with the p4p scene then?

As a former BGfriend told me "Fred...Thai lady no love farang, only his money"

cristall clear.what amaze me all the time is, that so many guys fail to see that.in every p4p scene the working girls are there to make money,or looking for a ticket out of poverty or do you think the woman working in amsterdam's red light district are there because they love their customers?why should that be different in the los? how is it possible,that a sixty year old bloke

seriously think that his 20 year old rented girlfriend really loves him ?

it can be a business venture,so to say,but that's all.

As a friends Thai wife told me....."Fred.....You no marry Thai lady...because Thai lady no good">>

i guess she meant do not marry a bg.a valid advise,but who would recommend

to marry a hooker anyway,no matter what nationality.on the other hand,i've

got two buddies who are married to exbg's.six and four years their adventure is now lasting and they seem quite happy with it.maybe the key here is,that they are not much older than their wifes.i got asked by them all the time,

when i'am going to bite the dust with a (thai)girl.oh well,not b4 the hell is frozen i guess:).

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<<YOU MUST HAVE MONEY IN LOS ALL THE TIME SO YOU CAN PAY, PAY, PAY. If you don't, you and everyone else will wish you were dead>>

this attitute differs so much from your post awhile back on the old board,title:"there is love in the kingdom".what happend to you to get that much bitter?

"that is a bit of a hypothetical case. you can't simplifie human behavior like that. depends on the circumstances of the break up, of her temper, of so many things."

But I thought face was 100% Fly?? or maybe it isnt? You said you cannot explain face yet you say face is above everything including money???

I have seen Thai people acting in a manner that belies the existence of face as I am sure many of us have at one time or the other, have you not? I think its arrogant to tell people they have to learn the language and immerse themselves into the country to have any understanding of some pretty basic behavioural characteristics. (I am not saying dont learn, but dont make it sound like the only option)

Face is not as complex as you make out, its just not important to our daily lives and therefore is harder to incorporate when trying to interact with a culture that uses it. I am sure over time it becomes a subconcious habit, but its no black magic! smile.gif

>Face is not as complex as you make out, its just not important to our daily lives and therefore is harder to incorporate when trying to interact with a culture that uses it<

not important?!

maybe if you mainly move around expat circles and the bars it is not important. in other areas of the society it is the difference between not reaching anything at all, or having an easy ride.

in extreme situations it can mean your survival.

>I think its arrogant to tell people they have to learn the language and immerse themselves into the country to have any understanding of some pretty basic behavioural characteristics. <

think whatever you want, but i don't think that the face issue is pretty basic, but maybe i have been "immersed" to much here, so i don't see the big picture anymore...

Hi guys....It's me, the big bad moderator. I've let this go on for a number of pages , but conversation has been totally off-topic for very long time now, not that it's not going very well. I'm just suggesting someone opening a new thread, as suicidal punters is no longer the topic, and someone running a search on this topic down the road, will be very confused. Kind of a "housekeeping issue".

Thanks...and please feel free to continue anything related to "Suicidal Punters. Why?" thread topic.

HT

I think jumping off a building sucks big time, all that happens is you fall a long way and get fucked up...are the moderators gone yet????

OK,

"not important?!

maybe if you mainly move around expat circles and the bars it is not important. in other areas of the society it is the difference between not reaching anything at all, or having an easy ride. in extreme situations it can mean your survival. "

Might not have been too clear here, but I was talking about our daily lives back home, not in Thailand, and the fact that its harder for us to incorporate it into our lives in Thailand as its not such a subconcious thing in our upbringing.. hope that is easier to understand..

"think whatever you want, but i don't think that the face issue is pretty basic, but maybe i have been "immersed" to much here, so i don't see the big picture anymore... "

The idea of face is pretty basic, the application of it I agree can be a nightmare, not because it is carved in stone but rather because it is used to suit ones farce or need at the time, and it seems to uncannily vanish at certain times when money and Thais are involved. If you believe Face is above everything including money thats ok, I think differently from my observations and experience so far.

jingjoh...'If you believe Face is above everything including money thats ok, I think differently from my observations and experience so far'.

jingjoh

see i thought money had replaced face being the number one incentive in the world today but obviously there are a few things i don't know on this. there's a new thread on faces in the general dept i started last night. could we carry this on over there? it all got a bit stupid but maybe we can tighten it up.

I'll wade back in.

Suicidal people to me lack some sort of balance in their life, whether it be emotional, chemical, intellectual or spiritual.

Farangs who off themselves in LOS because of a woman IMO were fooling themselves about something and were caught short.

I don't have much sympathy for suicidal people. You want to off yourself go right ahead. I just look at it as natures way of cleaning up the gene pool. Darwinism at it's best.

Archived