Suicidal Punters. Why? *DELETED*

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree OH,

I have felt like topping myself a few times in my life, usually due to financial/abuse issues .But LOS has allways been a sweet time away from all that. I find the hard time are in farangland, & it can get really hard at times.

When it comes down to it, we all need company, & no matter where you are, if you are on youjr own, it can be a fuckin lonely place to be, believe me.

>Why won't anyone write a handbook for these dudes searching happiness in go-go bars? Could save some lives also I reckon. <

that has been done.

only people have the tendency not to accept reality, the power of denial...

Zoot,

I think we all get that way at some point, for most it passes. I have spent 22 years in the airline business (how's that for financial hardship? smile.gif) have had enough of "give backs" pay/work rule consessions etc... been through 2 bankruptcys, possibly a third on the way. I have seen a lot of people lose it all, and a few just couldn't take it, and opted out. Through it all, LOS has helped me, a few weeks a year, makes it all worth it. I think if anything ever happened, I'd try to make it there on a lot less, but maybe a change is needed.

I think some guys come to LOS looking for love, they never had at home, or just plain need a break from reality. For these guys, it is almost garanteed disappointment. Some of these guys turn crazy with their new found love of life, trying to make up for lost time, others are just nuts to begin with, and anything would push them over.

Again, Idon't want to say to much, but there is a famous story of a guy who had retired to LOS with only $35,000usd to his name, all he had after his divorces etc...He drank and ate to no end, gained a ton, and then near the end of his money a year or so later, died of a heart attack. I would almost consider this a suicide as well. I suppose one could argue we are all on a suicidal path of sorts. We put ourselves at risk for STDs/HIV etc... for those of us who tend to heavily induldge in alcohol and or cigaretts, we are adding to our own demise. There is a price for this life we live, and in the end, we may die as we lived. When it is over, and my final post is in, I hope to go out as I lived, with a glass of Mekong in one hand and a BG in the other...and that I suppose is also suicide.

>><>>When it is over, and my final post is in, I hope to go out as I lived, with a glass of Mekong in one hand and a BG in the other...and that I suppose is also suicide.<<<

Kind of like "better to have lived and lost, than never to have lived at all"?

HT

So true FOW, I have experienced lonliness in Oz, but If I ever felt that low in LOS I know I would be a long way from help, luckily I never felt that low in LOS.

OH, in the end, I also think it is more my preference to go out like I wished, rather than how family/society would like to have seen me gone out.

I have been offing myself slowly for the lasy few years with this & that, & I really don'y have any regrets other than it's cost me money that I could have spent on LOS. If I die young from drink etc then I know I did what I wanted & it didn't effect anyone else but me ( maybe different when you have kids & the like ).

it can happen here, and when it gets low here, than the low is incredibly intense (as intense as the highs can get).

i have had once a nervous breakdown here many years ago, that was very bad, and it took me a long time to get back to a normal state of happyness.

be warned, it can happen here very easily. it is just important to see the warning signs and deal with it ASAP.

Archived