Suicidal Punters. Why? *DELETED*

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go for reason number 1. The betrayal and finding out that its all been a scam, and that the girl didn't care a shit about you.

I've been through something similar once. Although it was not with a prostitute, and I never considered hurting myself over it. Its pretty tough when it hits you. Although it went over pretty fast for me, because the girl was not worth crying over.

OK, DB.

Here's a task for you. Are suicides more prevelant in LOS than elsewhere?.... percentage wise, within the Thai national population? If higher than 'normal', might indicate environment as a factor. And is LOS tourist suicide rate different from this percentage?

People fall in love, and commit suicide over heartbreak, the world over. If LOS tourist punters suicide rate is higher than the world wide average, then we can go from there.

If it's pretty much in line with average, then I would say 'shit happens', just like everywhere.

If not, then should make for some interesting posts. I have some very definate idea's, but would be interesting to know the stats first. And I know you love a stats question. smile.gif

HT

many reasons.

often the discrepancy of the imagined paradise, which later turns into nasty reality. often by that time all the money is gone, all bridges home are cut.

many people then look at the only alternative which is an asylum back home, but not after going through some weeks or months here in the immigration detention center. realities which are just too much for some to bear.

add drugs, lonelyness, a broken heart...

i have no statistic, but according to embassies it happens very often here.

thailand can be a very nice place to live if you play it right, but it can turn to hell if you make one mistake too much.

DB,

here is a different reason for you : a good friend of mine killed himself years ago.... he had a beautiful wife, 3 great children, a nice house, a splendid job....

One day her car with her and the 3 kids is hit by a truck and all 4 are killed.

He was totally and physically heart-broken, and killed himself 2 days after the funeral.

Honestly, I can perfectly relate to that, he wrote me and others a nice letter and I just can accept all his reasons for doing that.

This being said, the larger majority of suicides are money or love related and cannot bear my appreciation.

Cheers !

THe incidence of spurned westerner suicide happens frequently. For various reasons usually not reported. But have heard of several over the last few years and came across one poor bugger in abar in Hua Hin who had been supporting a girl and came back here to marry her and found rejection because she was already married with a couple of kids. He was in a terrible state in the bar and when I went back the next night the news was he had topped himself overnight.

Sorry, FB, I am just waiting to hera from a mate, who said he was comig over to LOS to marry his sweetie.

I suspect she's not been as sweet as he may think. I have been waiting to hear from him, and your post got me worried..

Yes, I've sat, six moth aGO, ON THE 23RD FLOOR OF A HIGH RISE IN bkk, ON THE BALCONY, IN DESPAIR, WONDERING IF IT WOULDN'T BE EASIER ON EVERYONE IF i'D JUST GET A LITTLE BIT DRUNK, AND TIP OVER THE EDGE.

bUT i'M PLEASED i DIDN'T.

bUT i CAN UNDERSTAND.

Sorry about the caps, accident, can't be bothered to fix it, too late at night

My thoughts are on the individuals weak will to survive or lack of self preservation. If the survival instinct was strong then a guy wouldn't off him self.

I also wonder where the majority of suicidal punters hail from and if the suicide percentages are consistent with the percentage of yearly visitors from their home countries.

I would be willing to wager that you don't see many Americans offing themselves. We are way to selfish, we would rather hurt others than ourselves. (I'm referring Americans born in America). Can you say assault rifles?

Archived