Suicidal Punters. Why? *DELETED*

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zane, ?

dead right there. fun?s a big part and we don?t want it to get blown away by women in trusted positions abusing their trust.

me hard? not at all. just careful not to let inexperienced or not-so-benevolent women or others fiddle with the controls for their personal agenda.

life overwhelms some people in adverse circumstances without good mental and financial preparation and who rely on others to guide them. take the people who listened to Alan Greenspan presiding over the biggest erosion of wealth in history. more oneitis.

women need continuous testing & reality checks?. the same kind of testing she continuously does on you?eg. how much does she respect you, is it growing or diminishing?is there any element of second-class treatment?.how careful is she about spending your money?do your values mean anything to her? ? how much does she care for your well-being outside the bedroom ? does she help you easily when you ask her or is she reluctant? is her opinion of you slipping or improving? does she explain thai ways and language to you readily without prompting ?

Fly ? you?re right, my comments are focused on women because most men coming to LOS for long and short periods get heavily involved with them, sometimes they?re women of quality ?sometimes not ? then there?s inner quality and outer quality for all to judge if they care to ? but for sure .. men are highly influenced by them. LOS a paradise? in some ways it is? in others it's the pits even on a short vacation.

With the non women/love disasters a similar approach works with work, careers and failed expectations. Thinking about oneself in a positive way is responsible and balanced ... responsible people don?t do the stupid things that destroy their lives and careers. impressing women is a mistake. they should be impressing us.

Thais show little sympathy for the weak and none for the destitute. people who get hooked on LOS and play the game to their last dime ? I don?t know? is it for us to feel for their chronic selfishness? Oneitis, btw, is over-emotional reliance on the good graces of a trustee with no recourse to an immediate solution if they dump you? dangerous if they?re not the good person we hoped they were.

Fast fred ? sound words. but isn?t a satisfying life all about money everywhere in the world? you?d let your own country off the hook so easily?

>If you are stupid enough to run out of money in LOS you will probably wish you were dead. <

no, you just look for a job. there are still enough jobs available where you can make enough money to survive.

>YOU MUST HAVE MONEY IN LOS ALL THE TIME SO YOU CAN PAY, PAY, PAY. If you don't, you and everyone else will wish you were dead. <

sorry, but you are wrong here again. people here are amazingly helpful to destitute farang (up to a certain degree of course).

personally, i would better be here without money than back in the west.

i can't really share that cynical outlook on life here.

>"Fred...in Thailand it's all about money"<

if he would have said that all is about face i could have agreed. money here is nothing compared to face.

>As a friends Thai wife told me....."Fred.....You no marry Thai lady...because Thai lady no good"<

sorry, but that is an insulting generalisation, coming from a thai or a farang.

i, as several other posters here, are having thai wifes. i have no reason whatsoever to distrust my wife, and if she would have been after money, than she would most definately not have picked me, and/or would have left me a long time ago for somebody richer.

of course if you spend most of your time in the bars, or with people from the bars, it is very easy to get such a cynical outlook of life here.

fly >>?people here are amazingly helpful to destitute farang (up to a certain degree of course).

If destitute, to what degree and for how long do they help and are you talking about strangers or people known to the unfortunate person? if you were imprisoned on bad debt charges or had a bad motoring accident with no insurance and they carted you off to hospital .. what then. they might just wheel you out into the corridor and let you expire silently. you can see for yourself the level of help their own destitute get. it?s not very impressive.

>>money here is nothing compared to face.

given the enormous importance of money to thais that?s hard to accept. what happens when you don?t pay your bills?

could you give examples of comparisons?

regards 3d

I like your ideas, and took a similar stance in life.

I initially thought face was the most important thing but I have seen time and time again where face was merely used or abused by the Thais to suit themselves and money always came out in front. As far as I am concerned face is just another farce manipulated by the Thais to suit themselves and the situation they are in, but put them in the position of losing money or a deal going bad and you wont see much face..

"if you were imprisoned on bad debt charges or had a bad motoring accident with no insurance and they carted you off to hospital .. what then. they might just wheel you out into the corridor and let you expire silently. you can see for yourself the level of help their own destitute get. it?s not very impressive. "

I think police would probably get in touch with whatever embassy and try to get them into taking on the financial burden. I read a story sometime ago with a family on one of these islands. The male providor offed himself, with a huge debt. The creditors were quite sympathetic, lent some money to the family while they tried to sort things out. They were not allowed to leave, and spent some time there. They were treated quite well when you consider that the debt was quite huge. I think the embassy finally bailed them out .

had a bad motoring accident with no insurance and they carted you off to hospital .. what then. they might just wheel you out into the corridor and let you expire silently. you can see for yourself the level of help their own destitute get. it?s not very impressive.

[color:purple] No different than in the States if you go to an emegency room at a top hospital without the right insurance or ability to pay. There have been several cases where people who were not in the "right" socio-economic group were turned away or not accepted at certain hospital emergency rooms and sent to "less" desireable hospitals. In some cases people have died in transit. Of course these abuses don't get reported much because we are talking about economically poor people or those in certain ethnic groups that receive this treatment. Basically people without a voice or the right lawyers.

Archived