Stickman Lite Monday 26th

buffalo_bill

Fascinating thread, and perhaps because of what it omits, as Gadfly1's refreshing post pointed out.

The part that I find the most curious about Stick's column this week (yes, I couldn't resist, and read it myself) is the following statement:

The sector of the prostitution industry that targets Thai men will quite possibly continue ad infinitum, for it is virtually accepted as part of the Thai man's culture.

I believe we all agree that the Thai oriented scene involves various degrees of indentured and involuntary labor, underage labor, low standards of STD protection and available health care, low wages, and deplorable living conditions.

Stick recognizes that this scene is here to stay and exploit (I mean truly exploit, not in the liberal sense) thousands of women and girls who have little to no chance to better their lot in life. IMO, these are the people who are in real need of help.

I find it curious why anyone would simply accept this scene as part of life, without any further comment or concern, and yet get all bent out of shape about their more fortunate sisters who engage in their trade volutarily and who have an opportunity to earn decent money by Thai standards (thought admittedly not GBP200,000 per annum).

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<I find it curious why anyone would simply accept this scene as part of life, without any further comment or concern, and yet get all bent out of shape about their more fortunate sisters who engage in their trade volutarity and who have an opportunity to earn decent money by Thai standards (thought admittedly not GBP200,000 per annum)>>

I too am curious to this. Most curious.

WYD,

What the fuck has gotten into you? Maybe you should read this discussion again before making sweeping comments that make no sense whatsoever.

Defending prostitution is not at all the issue here, it is hypocrisy.

Somehow you however seem to take this as a personal attack against Stickman, which again, it is not. I am questioning his reasons for keeping a contradictory site. I am NOT condemning him for changing, or now being repulsed by a scene he rather enjoyed a few years back.

Anyway, this thread has gone down hill so fast that I am closing it. I would give you the chance for another reply, but after your last tirade it would likely piss off even more people.

Sanuk!

Archived