She's real!

Stickman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.k. Guys (Stick man, Itsmedave,Whosyourdaddy etal...) obviously you are behind this prank!! you are in a deep concpiracy to deceive us all. No doubt you are behind the Kennedy assasination, Santa Klaus, The Easter Bunny, The last prediential election, The disappearance of Jim Thompson, The cancelation of Bay Watch and the dissappearance of Jimmy Hoffa! smile.gif" border="0 Yes, for those who don't recognize it this is sarcasim ! smile.gif" border="0

By the way, Elvis is not dead!! he and James dean run an auto parts store in the central valley!

P.S.

Did "we" ever figure out who was behind the "Johana" deal?

Hello GTG-

Well I guess I am next to admit being fascinated by GTG. I am delighted that you turned out to be real, but I have to admit to having had some serious doubts along the lines of some other posters:

1) Top 1% level of written English usage including slang, and correct use of various tenses, but combined with relatively simple mistakes

2) Would a western educated Thai lady have an interest in this forum?

3) Many pranksters on the Internet, etc.

I have been searching for a person such as yourself for years because of my interest in Thai language, and have never been very successful. I have been looking for someone completely fluent in both Thai and English to assist me with finer shades of meaning and Thai slang. As you know, there are many levels to the Thai language that are rarely used or heard. The best fluent speakers of English/Thai I have met have been women, yourself and another lady I met recently at a Thai temple in California. She lives here now and teaches Thai privately and in university.

Most Thai-English dictionaries seem to be written by some Thai general who is about 90% fluent in English, and attempts to translate a Webster's English Dictionary word for word into Thai. Even if he was 100% fluent in both languages, I have found that Thai will translate more accurately into English on a phrase by phrase basis, rather than word for word.

I hope you don't mind if I email you a language question every now and then, and I would like to meet you in person some day. I come to Thailand every year for several months, but I'm sorry to say that this year's trip is postponed for business reasons.

[ January 06, 2002: Message edited by: luckyfarang ]

I am a Thai girl, a member of this forum for a while ... I m working and curious about what your guys interesting about and why..TBG meant that much to some of you. Kinda like living in the sea of moral confusing somehow smile.gif" border="0 happy that now Khun Good Thai girl and Khun Deang are here smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by luckyfarang:

1) Top 1% level of written English usage including slang, and correct use of various tenses, but combined with relatively simple mistakes

2) Would a western educated Thai lady have an interest in this forum?

3) Many pranksters on the Internet, etc.

I hope you don't mind if I email you a language question every now and then, and I would like to meet you in person some day. I come to Thailand every year for several months, but I'm sorry to say that this year's trip is postponed for business reasons.

[ January 06, 2002: Message edited by: luckyfarang ]

My biggest problem in English is - article- when to use "the" or just leave it - for example. Silly but true. laugh.gif" border="0

My second problem is preposition.

I think I have not so many problems with tenses.

Anyway, my email address is goodthaigirl@yahoo.com. Please feel free to ask anything about Thai lauguage. But please don't expect me to know everything. wink.gif" border="0 After all, I don't have a Masters degree in Thai lauguage.

BTW, my spoken English is not as good as my writing. Stickman can verify that smile.gif" border="0

[ January 06, 2002: Message edited by: Good Thai Girl ]

GTG,

I have seen a lot of similarities in your posts and in the diary posted daily on the web by another good Thai girl.

This diary is also discussing Thai-Farang issues and the life and thoughts of a GTG, quite interesting.

Are you two possibly the same girl??

quote:

Originally posted by arroy:

GTG,

I have seen a lot of similarities in your posts and in the diary posted daily on the web by another good Thai girl.

This diary is also discussing Thai-Farang issues and the life and thoughts of a GTG, quite interesting.

Are you two possibly the same girl??

Arroy...

You know that you can't put up a post like this without telling the rest of us just where we can also check out this diary... Come on... Share & Share alike. wink.gif" border="0

I'm not looking to make any inuendo here... But I am interested in another source of information on this topic (Faramg/Thai relationships) ... and even if GTG is the same person... so what... communication is how people learn to live with each other.

I'm proad of the level of discouse of this Board. I won't hide in shame for the things we discuss and believe in. If she wants to use this board as material for a PhD, then that also is only to our credit... I just hope that she spells my name correctly... <That's CosmicSurfer... with a Capital "C" and a Capital "S"> laugh.gif" border="0

It's nice to know that the things we discuss here have so much value that it is a valid topic for Academic Thesis.

So just what is that web address, Arroy ????

CS

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: CosmicSurfer ]

I have just backread some of that girls diaries and agree with Belgian Boy that her daily diaries are more just her perspective and not informative....

Sanukboot.

Archived