They say Mozilla can block the damn "pop ups".. ?

Buried in a comparison of Mozilla 1.1 & Netscape 7.0

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

To eWEEK Labs, the biggest difference is in the area of pop-up ad blocking.

In Mozilla, users can stop pop-up adds by deselecting "Open unrequested windows" in the Scripts and Plugins preference area

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,493248,00.asp

looks like mozilla may deserve a download.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the recommendation of the Honorable Monsenior KS.. I loaded Mozilla 1.1.. it's a 10 m download.. I elected to not load the chat..

& it does block pop ups.. I went to 2 sites that are pop up hell & no popups.. whooopie!.. hey, I'm 10K KM from LOS, the pleasures are few & far between!

previously "netscape" didn't work well with Front Page's version of

DHTML, Mozilla is not as FP friendly as IE but at least the 'fancy stuff' FP provides is recognized. Netscape used to ignore banners & totatly fuched up FP formatting..

Hi,

The 'new' Netscape (i.e. 6.0+) are a lot better. They are W3C compliant and all valid HTML should work without any problems.

Anyway, glad you like Mozilla.

BTW, you can switch off more JavaScript. I have also disallowed JavaScript to move / resize windows, something that annoys me as well.

Sanuk!

I have never tried Mozilla, but downloaded NS 7.0 last night (25MB). After using NS 4.78 for a very long time, I am quite happy with it (faster and more options). Because of security-reasons, I am not a big fan of MS products at all, especially when it comes to internet.

Just downloaded and installed Mozilla 1.1. My vote goes for Mozilla (more functionality and less annoying aol/ netscape-advertisement than NS 7.0). With 11 MB the download is much smaller too.

I'm a fan of Mozilla now, the Mozilla color scheme for pics seems better too. ?

seems quick & real customizable..

the bookmark option for "tabs" looks interesting, one button for 'grouped sites', if I can figure it out.. click 1 bookmark & several associated sites are 'tabed'

Be careful with the 'cookie blocker' button, I checked the 'always block' for my online email account site ( big ooopppps )& so far, when it says remember it's serious.. cannot figure out how to turn the accept back on.. so now I cannot log onto my email with Mozy, must use IE to check my email! LOL!.. damn IO errors, Idiot Operator.

Archived