Zeus

I spotted this place from the window of a taxi last week, and actually jumped out to have another look. Its near Pracha Uthit, nowhere near suk or Patpong. Lots of very cute girls sat outside some sort of bar. Im guessing its for thai guys, but when I walked past, a couple of the girls said hello in English. Anybody been there?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you walked past and they spoke to u in English why didn't u ask them........duh!!!!! How could u pass up such a golden research project for us fellow board members?

Uniformguy

human feel lesson #2: ask instead "chawp farangs, mai?", or simply "farang can go OK?" while pointing your finger in the direction of the joint's door. I'd be surprised they say no, though knowing you (and me too, some thai places can be slioghtly upscale), ask the price of drinks before, but i would think it interesting to check other places than the regular ones, so far away from home. There's always something to learn or be amused at in LOS.

But I didnt want to go at that moment. I didnt have a clue what it was, and I was alone. I just noted that the girls were very cute, uni girl types. The street was a very quiet one, not exactly a night-out kind of place. It just aroused my curiousity.

I have seen a few similar looking places, which is one of the advantages of living here, in an area away from Suk. I didnt want to live there, its too Westernised!!

BTW, I never refer to myself as "farang" I see it as a racist word, such as nigger and paki. Also, Im not French!

Hi,

Zeus is a karaoke place. Never been there, but have been to plenty of similar places.

Prices are likely reasonable, but not cheap (say 150 for a coke, yes that is reasonable for a karaoke bar smile.gif ).

There will likely be one or two people who speak some English.

Sanuk!

say 150 for a coke, yes that is reasonable for a karaoke bar

--

Did you miss "line of" between "a" and "coke"? wink.gif I mean, I have never paid ~$3.50USD for Coca Cola in my life, except for a whole case and that's the 24 can job, not 12. Did I miss something somewhere or am I to infer that one has to pay MORE to have to sit through the torture that is karaoke? Glutton for punishment? Masochist? Deaf? Really that horny? Hehe!

All joking aside, though, I have no LOS experience and am curious if that 150 is for a "lady drink" or does "coke" refer to all manner of regular drinks, as I have heard "cola" refered to before. And why are karaoke bars more expensive than, say, a beer bar? Maybe they are not like US karaoke places and actually have *gasp* girls that can actually f'ing sing and people aren't trying to force you to make a complete ass out of yourself by making you sing some off-key rendition of "Born to Be Wild" in a drunken fit of weakness?

Pat, I'd like to buy a clue for $200. Thanks! smile.gif

Hi,

Yes, it is 150 Baht for a normal cola.

Reason is that most people don't order a single drink, but rather buy a bottle of whiskey (black, chivas). Mixers (including coke) are then often free.

The reason most guys go to these places is not so much to sign, or to hear other people sign, but rather to spend time in the company of, often rather attractive, girls. In my opinion many of them are a lot more attractive then their cousins in the GoGo bars.

Sanuk!

God you are a touchy bastard you are not going to last long on this board if you cannot reply to a post more reasonably.

I have seen you criticised on another post for being very 'hot' just take it easy and more laid back and u will be fine..... You can see from my reply to you that the question posed was said in a fun way if you read it properly........it was meant to be a slight joke...........but you slammed back with your reply.

No one elseb will bother to reply to you if you keep posting in this tone of voice..............

Uniformguy

Archived