Zeus

Hi,

"Not sure about Zeus, but many karaoke bars that have hostesses also have "sitting fees," where you get charged by the hour to have the girls sit with you. This is extremely common is such establishments."

Good point, and one I forgot.

Yes, this is very common. I would even say that it is the case in every karaoke bar that provides hostesses.

Prices for this can range from 150 Baht for 45minutes, to 600 Baht for 45 minutes (you are often charged by 45 minutes, rather than per hour). Oh, and when the girl sits down that's 2 drinks right there.

The mamasan often gets one 'drink' as well, regardless of whether or not she actually spends anytime with you. These are in the 200-750(?) range.

Sanuk!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that a lot of business men do go there but not to sign or to sing...............TIT

---------------------

That's hoping too much. A lot of these biz guys are part chinese, and usually, as much as I experienced karaokes in malysia and Thailand, they inflict others with their dissonant, loud, inebriated rendition of "my way" (in english!!!), and a few others. They do sing!... and i do cry!.......

Uniform guy, are you not going to answer my question?

I can see that you have been active on the board since my last posting, and yet you have avoided my question. I am a new member here, and I am determined not to be hounded by the long-termers, simply because I am new, and they are long-termers. I simply ask you, why did you feel the need to post on this thread at all, other than to attack a new posters views? Are you so bored that you feel the need to post on every current thread? That is what you are currently doing, from my observations. Just because your username appears regularly on this site, does that mean you have the right to dictate to others? I wish to add to the content and discussion value if this site, but if I am simply to be criticised and insulted by the regulars, I wont bother in future. Unless you have moderator status, I hereby question your attack on me. You have added nothing of value to this thread.

Smeg

Smeg,

I really do not understand what bothers you.......

I did re-read this thread again, and dont see any reason for UG to answer.....

Just cool it, relax and enjoy this board, ok ? I see you keep posting today and including text like " I will be flamed" bla bla bla and " I will get called to order" bla bla bla...... why are you so unsure about your own postings ?

You live your dream, you are in Bangkok, you are visiting the nightlife, today you went for the first time to Thermae, probably because you visited this board........

Really, have a beer and re-read your own posts to see why they are so agressive and why our responses to you ARE NOT.

Enjoy !

Cheers !

I don't want to be the heavy hand here, but I think we need to cool it a bit here. We seem to be getting a little hostile to one another, and I'd like to see it stop. There was nothing wrong with smegs' initial post inquiring about the club he saw. I also found nothing wrong with Uniformguys initial response, it seems he was clearly kidding.

All are welcome to post here as long as they follow the rules, but I do not want to see any flaming or baiting from anyone reguardless of their status on the board. Remember this is about fun and good times in Thailand, not about taking each other down. Let's all foget the recent passed and start anew, and play nice smile.gif

Thanks to BB and OH I did not reply to Smegs post because I did not see any reason to. I am not used to this sort of response from anyone on this board and it is a bit of a shock to get it for the first time. Those of you who know me know I would never flame anyone but this guy is unreal..

I even gave him good information about a MP that I use and now I am really sorry that I did I do not want him going there.

the word 'attack' in his post sums him up so I will drop out now and not reply to him any more.

Uniformguy

Attitude

So, I create a thread to ask a question and hopefully generate some information, UFG immediately takes a tongue-in-cheek pop at me, but contributes nothing of interest, I take a tongue-in-cheek pop back at him (which wasnt insulting, unlike his pop ....."duh"=stupid), he then attacks and criticises me, I attack and criticise him back and ask him some honest questions which are ignored, and finally everyone jumps to his defence. UFG then makes a final response attempting to claim the moral high ground.

What a joke.

Maybe I wont bother posting again. Especially if I get immaturely told that "I really dont want him going there" as regards a MP. Do you own the place pal?

I'll leave you lot to it. Congratulations for driving away a new member with a great deal of info he wished to share and trade. Are you really so insular?

everyone jumps to his defence

------------------------

Hardly so. many appreciate your postings too, and said so. Do it the buddhist way, don't cling on, you seem to want to talk about a lot of things, go ahead. all opinionated members, like myself, will always get antagonistic answers. part of the game, enjoy or glide over the stuff that bugs you. This is not a popularity contest, no one is counting the points....

Archived