Hotel selection dilemma

gtharm

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure about tax but this is what I was quoted

Our current roomrates:

Single Superior 800 BHT ( without refrigerator)

Single Deluxe 900 BHT

Minisuite 1,200 BHT

The above rates are inclued one set of breakfast.

I hope this helps I have never stayed there before.

Believe me when I tell you that it will be a waste of money to spend more.

The Woraburi Inn is VERY new, so the rooms have not had the opportunity to become dirty.

The Deluxe room at 765 baht will be perfectly adequate for your needs, if you want more space you can upgrade whilst there.

You will get a discount if you stay more than three days.

It's a five minute walk or a 10 baht motor bike taxi(waiting outside & at corner of Suk) ride to the Suk, so avoids all of the noise of Nana Plaza.

So, you have a new room with the basic amenities that you need, TV, fridge, telephone and air con(which is new and therefore quiet). You've a pool and free breakfast for two.

The more you spend on your room, the more the girls are likely to hit you for. They know how much a room at each establishment costs, mostly.

Better to come over like a guy who's humble but generous and caring than a guy who's loaded and .....

Trust me on this one, if you do not like the location, then leave. You would have spent very little and will still have the opportunity to try the other places.

Though, I think, you won't have a problem. Annies, is nearby and a couple of places that you wouldn't normally spot if you stayed on the Suk. Of course, you still have all the other places to try but with more cash. This way you win all around.

How can you lose with my advice? Use logic. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

whenever I would stay at the nana hotel- I would come down with a bad cough-I at first attirbuted this to the bad air quality of BKK-next trip I stayed at the Gran President and had no problems-might be caused by the very very old airconditoners in the nana hotel

It's not just the noise inside the hotel from people clattering up and down the stairs and from the lift, the size of the place is what I dislike the most. Majestic shoebox is a better discription than 'suites', it's tiny and so are the rooms. The only good things about it was it's newness (1999) and the location, but everywhere on Sukhumvit is a good location. If you are on a diet it might be the place for you because the breakfast will not give you any chance to overeat. For 1500 you could stay somewhere like the manhattan or tai pan, IMO far better value.-peter

gtharm wrote:

But, it seems a lot of others totally liked Majestic and at 1500 baht

per night, it seems like a good deal and the location is great. So, has anyone else had any complaints about Majestic?

Archived