Hotel selection dilemma

gtharm

Sir,

to my not little surprise none of the esteemed gentlemen did care to mention a place called Landmark Hotel . This establishment is round the corner from NEP easily to be reached in a state of total drunkenness crawling with 3 bargirls sitting on your back. I mention this because you seem to be ready spending 125 USd and the Landmark is about 90 at the moment I would think. The next strategic step would be complaining about construction noise and they upgrade you to a corner suite which is nice. I only use the Landmark occasionally for ethnographical studies before I move back to the river but I can assure you they are guest friendly.

Bbill

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might consider staying at the JW Marriott upon arrival. Each person has their own standards about what comprises a good room and you may find some of the hotels mentioned in the other posts are not so good. The Marriott is excellent, no hassles with guests (no id checks or extra charges so not necessary to book a double), very clean and quiet, 24 hour room service, and located right by Nana. The next day you could spend checking out the other hotels mentioned to see if they are acceptable and change hotels if you want, but at least give yourself the luxury of knowing that after the long flight over, you will spend your first night in a good hotel.

Just got back and stayed at two places in Bangkok

On the front end of the trip we stayed at the Grand Inn...800B a night...wouldn't recommend it...kinda old and run down

On the back end we stayed at Majestic Suites...1200B a night...agree with others that the rooms were a bit small, but they were clean, bed was comfortable and the staff were pretty friendly, as well as guest friendly...I would stay there again

email...msuites@loxinfo.co.th

www.majesticsuites.com

there's definitely plenty of choices in Bangkok...no need to spend crazy money like $125

Ken.

Thanks for all of the advice guys. Without all the useful info I have got from this board, site, and members, I doubt my trip to LOS would have ever become a reality. I booked a double superior at Majestic and arrive in BKK on the 21st. Hope to have the pleasure of meeting some of you and sharing a few beers during my 2 week stay. smile.gif

Over the years I've stayed at a dozen places along Sukhumvit, most of those recommended on this board. I finially settled on Majestic Suites as my HAFH. I book the Single Superior for about 1,200 B. It is very clean, secure with friendly staff and guest policy. The rooms are small, but so are the girls! Two at a time is no problem.

It's convient to NEP and the Sky Train.

Archived