Hotel selection dilemma

gtharm

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I definitely do not want to a petri dish room, if you know what I mean. wink.gif That is one reason I have not been too keen about Nana Hotel. I keep reading bad things about it's sanitary conditions. I mean, I'm not a neatness freak or anything of the sort, but I don't want to spend my nights on vacation in a total dump. It sounds like there are many great options available to bother with hotels that can't even keep their rooms tidy.

That said, I want to thank everyone for their advice. I can also definitely appreciate the words of wisdom about not spending a lot on my hotel and putting the saved cash towards other activities.

So, I have been scouring this board quite thoroughly and I'm now leaning towards Majestic Suites, because the only thing I can seem to find bad about it is a couple of people complained about noise level. But, it seems a lot of others totally liked Majestic and at 1500 baht per night, it seems like a good deal and the location is great. So, has anyone else had any complaints about Majestic?

Thanks so much again, everyone! I hope to see some of you during my trip (Oct 21 to Nov 1), so that I can repay the kindness! smile.gif

Hi!

I used to stay there ten years ago and I have friends that stay there every time they are in BKK.

It is a small hotel on soi 19 of Sukhumvit, just a short walk down from the Delta Grand Pacific. The staff are friendly and some of the rooms are good, at least the newly refurbished ones.

This is what I found with a Google search:

31 Sukhumvit Road 19, Bangkok 10110

Tel : 662 2530646-9, 662 2557172

Fax : 662 2544716

contact by e-mail : honeyho@ksc.th.com

at this link:

http://www.bangkokhotels.info/honey.htm

As I telephoned them quite often this summer I remember that the phone number is correct.

One reason that I don't stay there is that most of the time it is fully booked and I never book in advance except extreme high season. Even during low season it is often fully booked and if they have rooms available it migh be one of the rooms in the garage which are not very nice.

Another hotel that is popular with one of my friends is Quality Inn at the beginning of soi 19.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

The truth is that that the quality of rooms vary quite alot. The last years I have stayed there they have been renovating several floors. I also always ask for a room as high up as possible as the room on the upper floor tend to be better. I seem to recall other posts to this effect as well.

That said I have also stayed in rooms the fit the negative descriptions posted.

regards

ALHOLK

I like you spend alot of time on the hotel question.

I want a place that looks good, clean, safe, and above all I can bring a party home at my becon call. This question is so important to me. The "Serviced Apartment" is the best choice. I've been to the kingdom alot...and know the choices well. You want to be in the middle of the action close to Soi Cowboy, Clinton, and NEP. There are 3 great choices: Royal Pres, Chantre Court, and Centre Point Suk 10. All in the area, clean, walking distance to major attractions, under US 80.00 a night.

Royal Pres: garden wing I reco the emerald Suite at 2500 bht a night with ABF with living room, bath, kitchen and a bed for 5 or 6 if you squeeze. 70 m2

Chantre Court: 90m2 2 bedroom suite at around 110 a night with room for the gang of women you will bring with you.

Centre Point Suk 10: with a 120m2 3 bedroom suite at US 90 with video monitoring in your room of guests and just the place to have a grand old time with the gang of BG you choose to invite over.

You can go to Yahoo.com...type thailand...travel thailand double click and go to complete list you'll find all the sites and prices and gain an understanding of why I choose each.

Hope This is helpful...I'll be in Knockers in 2 weeks I'm leaving the 3rd of October and can not wait.

SB

One more thing...the taxi cabs are so very very very cheap. 35 to 50 bht gets you most places from Cowboys to Annies it's a fixed rate no haggling in BKK. You don't want to walk mostly it's quite hot and rainy at the moment.

Archived