Must see/do recommendations

Night_Rider

Thanks for the great discussions. I arrive LOS 26 Sept thru 9 Oct. I intend to spend some time sanooking in BKK and some time at the beach. Thanks to the quality of the discussion I've added Star of Light and Eden to my to do list along with my favorite haunts at NEP and SC but still have few questions for the group.

1. Is Patpong worth the trip?

I despise the market at Patpong and the dense tourist populace. (I know, what am I?) Is there any reason to give it another try? Quality of girls?

2. When is school out?

One thing I love about October is the school break. I've had some very fresh companions at this time of the year. Yes they've not always been the most experienced but there is something about them I keep returning to. When do universities break? Do you have recommendations for locales known for temporary university hirees this time of year?

3. RCA experiences

Does anyone have any tips or experiences to share from RCA? Is it still hopping with university students? Are freelancers easy to come across? Is a different approach required? I hear little about RCA on the board and any input would be appreciated. Also any input on how to read a Thai ID card would be helpful too ;-)

Many thanks to all.

1. Is Patpong worth the trip?

Go to Patpong early (8 or 9PM). If you don't see any worth your baht you have plenty of time to catch the BTS to NEP or SC.

3. RCA experiences

If you are older than 23 you will feel out of place. A lot of the kids there are high school age and come from middle and upper class families. You better be able to speak Thai well. It is not a place to go hunting for freelancers. You can try HRC instead.

3. RCA experiences

If you are older than 23 you will feel out of place. A lot of the kids there are high school age and come from middle and upper class families. You better be able to speak Thai well. It is not a place to go hunting for freelancers. You can try HRC instead.

I just posted my experience at Dance Pub 'Route 66' from my first visit on Friday night (20th) under the thread 'Royal City Avenue'.

I agree, if you go alone (without Thais) and you are unable to speak the language you'll be lost. It's also no place for hunting but we met some girls who are working. They told us that it's fashionable nowadays to go to RCA.

Archived