Thai Male Prostitutes.

jasmine

Hello,

I resent the implication. If you must know, yes he did (not draft, but tried to get in military prep school) and was rejected mainly for his eyesight and being in a college, no drafting (as far as I know). His eyesight is so bad that he could not serve in any capacity of military or police force. Do you think being a lawyer does not contribute to Thailand?

I was just trying to share an experience of a Thai man who knows nothing about nightlife.

Do you think some people do not serve the country just because they are not in a military? My father was a policeman ( a patrol officer, darn close to an Army), my whole line of family SERVED proudly, I would have done the same thing for Thailand or the adopted country if opportunity presents itself.

I do not appreciate you jumping in and try to kick me. Get your kicks somewhere else! Bad Taste!shocked.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Well, this is obliviously true, since there are indeed young men that serve their time. I wonder though, why, with about 20 Thai males in my office, none of them served? Just lucky I guess. wink.gif My wife's village must be very unlucky, because among any 20 men there, at least a third were drafted. Luck, you never know do you wink.gif "

I think 20 of the Thai male in your office must have gone to a military school program or âçàÃÕ¹ÃÑ¡ÉҴԹᴹ or Ã.´. (Ror Dor, for short) while they were in normal senior high school. They will spend one day each week for 2-3 years (I'm not sure of the time) to study about military like how to use simple weapons and all that. At the end they have a final test where they are taken to a juggle and see how they can survive from what they learned previously. This test is taken while the normal school is closed. When they pass the test they will be listed as a reserve and they don't have to be drafted. If they want they can continue the program fo another 2 years to be able to get an equivalant of a captain in the military.

Most of the men who need to go through the drafting process are the one who don't have more than 9 years education or who study abroad or who decide not to study in the military program I described above.

I urge you to ask you Thai males at your office if it is the case.

I am editing this post just to add that about 15 years ago girls were allowed to take part in the program as well. I'm not sure if they go throught the same process as boys. But a lot of girls are enjoying themselves very much.

So, if you see a group of young boys or girls in military uniform, don't think Thailand is a military state wink.gif It is just the military school that day. One of the military schools is close to Samam Pao BTS Station.

Hello,

Thanks for the clear information. I have a nephew who is 18 turning 19 who participated in the class you mentioned. I actually did not pay much attention when I was told and its purpose did not actually sink in until reading what you wrote.

Again thanks.

Jasmine.

Most of the men who need to go through the drafting process are the one who don't have more than 9 years education

That certainly explains it why only the poor end up in the military.

I should add that I was drafted and honorably served my country

I apologize to anyone that was offended by my posts.

TH

Archived