Anti-foreigner sentiment runs high

racha

Fly,

Maybe the parts that have to do directly with Gadfly, and not the topic, could be PMed to him. We all like to get on one side of an argument, sure makes a thread going, but as we barely know each other, so much in a post may depend on how you got out of bed, it's always good to try not to aggravate one another, and build bridges . Beyond "who said what"s and "he started first"s. Cordially

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the title itself was helping "black and whiting" the topic. The article in the gazette said it all in grey terms: politician talks to his base, govnmt official defends foreigners. Then after that, we can keep it technical about diifficulty in 2002 to be an entrepreneuring farang, and how it has changed since 1900 something. While dropping the "anti" stance, which as a generality, will only inspire general comments read ad nauseam on Nana. I think that anyone ineterested in foreigners grasping with the thai world should read the bio of Jim Thompson. here is a man who did wonders for Thailand, but only inspired envy, cabals and almost ended up in jail frown.gif . Guess he had connections (and is it not where it all stands, to this day?) wink.gif .....

wider range of interdependency means simply that you keep the issue of "anti farang" business laws as an isolated issue while the points i have made which you reject as pointless i do see as a small part of the whole issue.

also, seen in that aspect, this thread here suddenly becomes as irrelevant as i see it.

>Although you direct insults at me in your rant, I haven?t a clue what you are talking about.<

>For my part, I don't intend to respond further since I am not going to waste time trying to respond to rambling, insulting rants that simply don't make any sense.<

well, in the game of insulting you are as good as i am. and it somehow does astonish me, that you claim here complete innocence in the problems between us. just go a few months back to the first thread on your favourite topic "suspicious suicides", and then you will very fast find out where, how, and who started the problem and the insults between us.

but then, you may prefer selective memory.

"don't make any sense"...

well, that i do see as extremely arrogant, pompous and insulting. we would be a huge step further, if you would just step down from your horse and don't treat others as stupid idiots, especially when those others have spent a few more years than you in that place here. which doesn't mean that i want to show off now, only that in those years i have accumulated a fair amount of knowledge too. we might move in very different areas of the society here, but that should mean that we should learn from each other, not you putting me down constantly. that i do reject vehemently.

instead of that ignoring each others posts, just go back and find the thread i spoke about, think about it, and PM me if you have any interest in resolving the problems between us.

up to you.

Archived