Anti-foreigner sentiment runs high

racha

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did.

but still, i think that mr. 6 posts here was a bit out of line here by provocing me here with a snide remark in a middle of a heated debate without contibuting any further to the discussion.

borders a bit on troll... wink.gif

is it your new mission to lecture me? second time now.

what's the definition of a troll? someone who doesn't contribute to a discussion, makes remarks just to get a response, provoces etc.

so yes, hedonists remark there was a provocation, his first contribution to the discussion, nothing else than a snide remark.

and i was stupid enough to fall for it.

anything else?

well, and i do that by reposting a message i did in the liberian's thread. i hope that lectures, snide remarks etc. unrelated to the topic are over now.

still though, there are more than a few westerners here living who are involved in more than shady businesses. to some extend thailand is still a heaven for many sorts of criminals. i know more of them than i actually want to...

if you look at some of the oldtimers here (not all though!) you got lots of guys who could have never made it anywhere else. they came to thailand, took advantage of the whiteskin factor, and set themselves up in cosy jobs, well paid. those times are over now fortunately.

i guess some of the business people are fed up with those kind of farang. i know of more than a few thai companies here who do not hire expats anymore. instead they use thais who studied in the west and are at least as capable as their western counterparts without the obvious risks involved.

several western friends of mine here constantly have the same problem in their jobs. there were expats before them who first did their job very well, but very soon slipped into the scene. after some time their work ethics became almost intolerable for their bosses, and their bosses were constantly embarrassed by calls from bargirls, even visits of bargirls in the office. knowing thailand, that simply won't be tolerated in the very face conscious environment.

i don't know what it is that makes people go soft in their brains here, but too many farang go that way here. that i guess is one of the main contributing factors that we do not have the respect we once had. in some aspect that serves us right.

it is funny somehow, it would be so easy, restrain your play to where it belongs, keep up appearances, that is all what is asked from you, and you wold get all the respect of the world. but i guess that time is over now.

maybe a good thing. gives us the opportunity to lose our arrogance.

>> is it your new mission to lecture me?

Certainly not.

>> second time now.

"poo rak khun"? that was a greek joke, sorry if you did not understand me.

Understand your troll definition, and why you got upset with that poster, but a remark like the one you made, Mr. 6 posts, could discourage new members to post at this board, wasn't probably better refer directly to him as a troll?

I don't try to lecture anybody.

I agree that the nice and cosy times are coming to an end for farang. Competence is to be found in the local labour market, so why pay more for someone who has disadvantages when it comes to culture and language?

The farangs who will be left are some key personell with foreign companies and some with a competence which is not easily found. The market is bound to fade out when it comes to English teachers also.

The thing which can be said to be unfair is that marriage to a Thai seems to give you few advantages. Thailand used to be good in integrating Chinese, but treats farang different. This is in strong contrast to Thais in my country, who get all rights after marriage. And can change nationality after a few years.

Cheers!

The thing which can be said to be unfair is that marriage to a Thai seems to give you few advantages.

That is part that bothers me. I don't mind the property thing, happy to have it my wife?s name, but it would be nice to be able to have some long-term permission to live in country. Not an issue now, but in a few years when we retire, it could become a hassle or least an uncertainty to have to deal with.

TH

Archived