Curious..."good" Thai girls...

I'm considering moving to Thailand for a semi-long term stay. (I've been a frequent visitor for the last 7 years). While I'm not opposed to using the direct method (and cheapest I'm sure) to "dating" Thai girls, I'm also interested in the possibility of establishing a "girlfriend" relationship with a civilian (non-bar) girl. While I'm not soliciting personal details from any reader's life, I would be interested in comments from those of you who have, or had, such a relationship with a "good" girl while living in Thailand. Specifically, do you find such girls to be, humm, "conservative" or "close-minded" sexually? I realize that people all over the world, including "good" Thai girls are all different and probably defy homogeneous characterizations, but surely there must be some interesting data that could be shared on this subject.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is difficult to make sweeping statements about "good" Thai girls, but allow me to comment on girls that I would term as "Bangkok office girls". These are the girls you often see on the sky train, in office / business apparel. Most of them have a tertiary education, speak English to varying degrees AND many are VERY interested in meeting a foreigner.

This is a very cimplicated subject and one could write several volumes about it but in summary, I would make the following comments. YES, they are generalisations, but in my observation, there is some truth in them for good numbers of girls in this group.

- They ARE interested in meeting a foreigner though the guy really does need to be living here. Funnily enough, they often want a guy who is not that much older than them, though tere are exceptions... Let me say now, that at 32, many girls in their mid 20s have said to me that (shock, horror) I am TOO OLD!

- As far as "doing the dirty" goes, yes, it does happen. You often find it takes a while to get to the hand holding stage, but from there, things accelerate and it is often just a matter of days until....

- Nice Thai girls like nice guys....guys who are polite, dress nicely, speak Thai and respect Thai ways.

- I think most of all, nice Thai girls take a while to get to know. The nice girls that I have known and where things have gone a bit too quickly have been relationships where things fell over soon after. Don't rush things.

Stick

There are ?good? Thai girls who are interested in foreigners and I do not think you need to be worried about them being ?conservative? in sexual matters, if you get there, that is?.

As in all other countries, however, you will have to put some effort behind getting to know them. As Stickman has already said, your effort to get to know Thai culture and to a certain degree language is important in most cases, though nobody will expect you to speak fluent Thai, the effort is what counts.

No doubt that ?fun? places are the more ?direct method? but if you are genuinely interested in meeting a ?good? girl it will also depend a lot what guys you hang out with and where. Introduction is always a quite reliable way to meet new ?acquaintances?, especially because the lad or lass who makes the introduction might be able to give you some background information. Not all ?good? girls turn out to be that good in the end?.

If you are working with Thais, try to get to know your colleagues (not only because of achieving your goal ? it can be a lot of fun going out with them and you will learn a lot) and don?t only hang around with Farangs. It helps.

Have fun.

Chop

In my experience, the face a thai women shows in public, usually conservative, is no indication of demureness when it comes to sex. I have found my Gfs, in this strata of society to be healthy and aware of the functions of the body (mine and hers), so to speak. The task will be to find one who does not expect you to shower her with gifts, as sometimes there is no differences with Bgs, only the timing of the demands differing. If you socialize in thai circles, it should not be too hard to find someone to court. Do not get too far too fast, a thai woman is a hard one to get rid of, and they can get hysteric, when the boat is rocking.

Do not get too far too fast, a thai woman is a hard one to get rid of, and they can get hysteric, when the boat is rocking.

[color:purple]

I swear they are brainwashed by those damn soap operas into acting hysterical and in some cases psychotic. Break a girls heart the wrong way and that "mai pen rai" attitude goes out of the window.

BTW- Every now and then I catch myself watching a soap opera or two.

>Do not get too far too fast, a thai woman is a hard one to get rid of, and they can get hysteric, when the boat is rocking. <

which also basically means, that real "good girls" are not things to play out your fantasies and then just to be thrown away, but real people with real emotions, and hearts to be broken.

if one is not interested in a real relationship, it is advisable to stick to professional girls.

and generally, normal girls here do not react very well to unfaithfulness, one can find out very fast that the best mannered "good girl" can get awfully violent too.

BTW- Every now and then I catch myself watching a soap opera or two

---------------------------

Last night, i was at friends, a thai/farang couple. We were watching "suriyothai" and we guys found the photography superb and the wealth of thai regalia a delight, though we lost the plot in 5 minutes. Anyway, at some point our good friend Ann, the thai wife told us the movie was boring, only about killing, etc... she much preferred thai soaps (!!!), and we asked her why. she said soaps were fun, always about love stories and people worrying about their loved ones, and she enjoyed watching people fighting about/for love. I wondered, why did we ask? LOL.

that real "good girls" are not things to play out your fantasies and then just to be thrown away, but real people with real emotions, and hearts to be broken.

-------------------------------

I agree with you, they are exactly as Bgs or freelancers and whatnot. real people with real feelings..... At least, that's the way i see it.

only difference is that prostitutes expect (most of the times) money for sex (which doesn't mean that she can't fall in love too), while a non-prostitute expects marriage or at least some form of longer term commitment.

sometimes the borders are not as clear as they should be, but there are a lot of non prostitutes running around here with a heart broken by some sextourist (or sexpat) who did not understand the difference.

Archived