Bomb Blast in Bali

Terrible news to see the terroist bomb blast at Sari disco/night club im sure many of the guys here/like myself have been in that exact location before. 150 killed 250 injured, the US has long been saying Indonesia has been full of Al qaida opperatives

I'm still hell bent on making my trip to Indo in December. These terrorists can get fucked, they are not getting in the way of this sanuker's fun!

Cheers

Jaga

this is indeed scary & it's sad not even to recognize the legian strip anymore.

SC & paddie's we're probably the most popular foreign hangout's, but I wonder when they'll be back to normal? never I'm afraid! bali will have a very tough time returning to business as usual anytime soon, but best of luck from here.

I was in those clubs last month & had a blast, so find it hard to comprehend what have happened. anyhow incidents like these should never stop any serious sanuker to come back, but it sure makes one stop & think about stuff for a while...

also I've been trying to contact the 2 girls I know to frquent that area, but no response yet even I'm sure they're fine...

anyways let's give a though to the many australiens & others hurt especially hard by this. peace

The Balinese are the most peaceful, pleasant and gentle people I've ever met. They live on a paradise island, and have somehow managed to hang on to their traditional cutures while at the same time adapting to modern times and welcoming westerners.

I have mixed feelings of anger and sorrow over this. Sorrow, of course, for the victims and their families, but also for the Balinese, who rely heavily on the tourism industry which will now be even worse (they've already suffered significantly from both the Asian economic collapse and the aftermath of 9/11).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived