Nuts

colonel Kurtz

I have never had the pleasure of running into them but I have bought those soft peanuts in the shells off street vendors ( maybe they were Indian & I was too fucked up to tell ??) , how do the ones we are talkin about cook the nuts?? With salt or without? How do they come packaged? Are there franchises available? I love nuts!

Funny thing is that I've never had any problems with the nut guys 'patroling' the Lower Sukhumvit area. I just smile and make a minimal shake with my head. That's enough and they pass. (On the other hand I'm fairly sure they know who I am by now)

I tell you though; you need a good pair of shoes to 'break' in the nut biz. The Sukhumvit Indians walk all bars from Soi 22, 33, Cowboy, Asok Plaza, Soi 13, Sukhumvit Square, Soi 3, Nana. Repeat as needed. Wouldn't surprise me if they actually start their rounds even further up Sukhumvit. As Flyonzewall points out: You see Indian nut sellers in every area of Bangkok!

I bet the 'Boss of the Nuts' only walk to step in and out of his brand new Benz....

Straycat

"I bet the 'Boss of the Nuts' only walk to step in and out of his brand new Benz...."

I remember vaguely something about it in Bangkok Phil website.It's been a while but i think Phil says he used to know him when he stayed in Charoen Khrung(bunch of indian and pakistani gangsters out there).Very rich and powerful,supposedly he brings the peanuts seller from a poor area in India and give them a paper saying they work for this guy and it's more than enough for the police.Than they walk a lot and make the guy richer.I'd love to be him

"But yes, I wish I could learn "piss off" in hindi." [color:"blue"] [/color]

whosyourdaddy, wish granted:

1) Nahi chaiye - bus! = basically politely but firmly saying stop, you don't want it! ::

Alternatively:

2) Jao gand marao = go get f*#ked ::

Best wishes ::

[color:"blue"]"can't remember though having ever seen a farang buying their nuts, but lots of bargirls." [/color]

I buy some of these nuts. Every time I am in a beer bar and the guy come I buy for myself and the girls, they very like those nuts but no chance for the poor guy if a insect seller is there at the same time :D

Thanks for the good idea. I will surely bring a big bag of those on my next trip.

Speaking of pistachios, did you taste the ones from Iran, very tasty and very cheap for those like me who have to buy them from the US at a big price because of the exchange.

"...did you taste the ones from Iran, very tasty and very cheap for those like me who have to buy them from the US at a big price because of the exchange...."

Yes, I acually lived in Iran for 9 months when I was a kid! Great place back then! I remember a truck driving around with all these fruits, dried and fresh! And tons of nuts! The guy who drove the truck was dark, and had a big hughe mustache, and always had a cigarette and a glass of coffe in his hand, never put them down. Very friendly, always gave us kids a free treat! Nothing really compares to the Iranian pistachios! Had some from Turkey awhile back, pretty good! Think I read somewhere awhile back that the USA is supposed to allow limited imports from Iran, Nuts, carpets...Hope so!! :)

Archived