B/G success rate?

Ok guys.....while there are lots of posts here regarding fellow posters who have been burned badly by a Thai B/G (B/G not being able/willing to remain faithful in a relationship), what is the real percentage of success in honestly commiting to taking a B/G out of the scene, and living happily ever after, wether staying in LOS, or taking out-of country? I'm asking this, because as has been pointed out before, most posters will be more likely to post here when something goes wrong, as opposed to the one's that are happy, and content. Only reading this board, you might easily come to the conclusion that it is a nearly impossible task, and that any B/G is totally incapable of really loving a farang, committing to us, and will always leave you as soon as a better deal/life is offered to her.

60 million total Thai population. 8 million population of Bangkok. 100,000 Thailand prostitutes servicing the falang market (the commonly accepted figure). 10 times that (1 million girls) servicing the Thai male punter market.

Just curious as to the real picture. Recently read one post that 500 B/G's relocated to Sweden last year. How many came back? The disaster stories here are numerous. And for good reason. You get burnt, you need to talk about it. But how many will be in a great success story, and will post here with any frequency? Not many, I think. I think I'm beginning to become too cynical, and starting to look upon every Thai B/G as a blood sucking leech. In my heart, I know that is very much, not true. I know so many Thai B/G's with absolute heart's of gold. Way too many stories I've experienced to relate here.

I'm thinking we need a balance here, somehow. Maybe a forum dedicated to just sharing experiences that shook our world, as we knew/know it? Many a Thai B/G have shown me incredible acts of kindness, which would have happened in few other places on this planet. I hate to see those special people I know, painted with the broad brush of deceit and deception. It just, in no way, applies to them. The truth is....I've been far more deceitful to them, than any have ever been to me.

Just a thought. Please disscuss.

HT

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no question that many of the girls have a heart of gold and there is no question that they really can love you, the question is why they all of a sudden change and just leave you stranded and with no clue? is it a cultural thing? is it so deep trained that they can go live with a man for a few years somewhere getting a child with him, marry him have a work and everything and all of a sudden she moves back and vanish? even if they know they are finicially secure and have a stabile home relationship even if the man loves them and do anything for them.

i dont know i am naiv and always want to belive the best in someone i meet. at least the short time i am with that person giving 100% feels good and true and the result afterwards well, dont make me post about it again.........

one in a thousand, sounds fair chance, maybe?

>most posters will be more likely to post here when something goes wrong,

I posted here (5 months ago, "A Diary of an ex-bg") when the things were going well.

Recently, I posted "BG Disaster-My Turn" when it was found that it was not all OK. Thanks to IBM, my former employer, who trained me in banking business, it was not too hard to decipher bank transaction codes and find out there was some money coming from somebody else.

Had I not known that, I would have been a happy vegemite.

Still, my project of enabling a bg to gain skills and a new life is on track. She did everything I asked her to do, she led the effort at times and she is still doing school.

The trouble is - she did one thing I asked her not to do - saw her former customer 2 times. For money.

Basically, I left her until she presented a plan of regaining my trust. She's on notice now and is clawing her way back.

This is not a 100% success overall, but in one important area (education) she is 100%.

Your question - success or failure - I can not answer that. We're in the middle. Taking the bar out of the girl is a matter that even professionals in "correction services" have to sweat about to show something good. Hard work.

There are many reasons why BG's relationships abroad fail. Some are disasters because of the BG's nature (greedy for money/can't stay away from men etc). Some fail because of cultural/other differences. Many of these couples have an barrier (differences) between them which is almost impossible to cross. Some fail because the farang just can't stay away from the sanuk (a huge percentage in my experience). The ones where the farang is to blame don't get a lot of posts here.

And some people grow apart like other couples do...

I agree with you HT, I would like to read more about the successes here instead of all the familiar failures.

Cheers!

Hi check_bin_krap,

>>>>Some fail because the farang just can't stay away from the sanuk (a huge percentage in my experience). The ones where the farang is to blame don't get a lot of posts here.<<<<

I agree...a huge factor to maybe why a more than a slightly slanted view may often be presented here.

HT

make that "501" my so called girlfriend left me in waiting for her when she had to go work in taiwan, she is in norway with a man i found out a month ago about...... aint life a bitch

Hi Akarr,

How you doin' buddy? Your recent post was one that got this thread started. And I do sympathize with you greatly. I can't imagine a bigger, more staggering event happening in my life. My heart goes out to you. Honestly.

My question is only, is the norm? Or not. I really don't know. I'd like to believe that we are all humans, with emotions, and that when you give your heart out to someone, they appriciate that, and will reciprocate, if they feel the same.

But, the Thai B/G is often presented as a totally different animal, non-existant in other parts of the universe. They don't really have a heart. They have a cash register in place of one.

I'm only asking the question. Is this the rule for Thai B/G's, or the exception? Based on real-life experiences, either well known to board members, or experienced first-hand.

I'm just trying to get a realistic take on what the situation really is. Not what it takes to make it work.....but what is the true reality of existing/past realities. I'm basiclly asking for the odds (in percentages) of having a Thai Bar girl/falang relationship lasting as a long term relationship (lasting many years, as opposed to just months)

HT

I stand corrected. Thanks.

But, how many Norway guys are in LOS long enough to spend the months needed to sway a GTG away from home. From my understanding, it takes that long to just get a kiss from a GTG, let alone lore her away from her own country.

I'd have to think the majority are B/G's, given this fact. Although, I could be wrong.

HT

"But, how many Norway guys are in LOS long enough to spend the months needed to sway a GTG away from home. From my understanding, it takes that long to just get a kiss from a GTG, let alone lore her away from her own country.

I'd have to think the majority are B/G's, given this fact. Although, I could be wrong."

I agree, the majority is ex prostitutes. But you don't need to be living in LOS to hook up with a non prostitute. Its not as hard as you think. We use the internet to communicate just now. In the same way you can use it to get in touch with girls and later meet in person. And believe me, not all of these are money greedy persons with scams on their mind.

I got introduced to my fiance on the net (asian, but not Thai).

Cheers!

Archived