On the Scene Update - Grace Hotel

shotover

Thought I would post a few notes about my first few nights in Bangkok:

Arrived early Sat morning, 9 Nov, about 1:30 am and checked into the Nana Hotel (more on this in the accommodation section).

By the time I checked in and unpacked, the bars and disco were closing, and I was pleasantly surprised to see a number of very attractive girls in the Nana Hotel parking lot.

I talked to a few and, with a determination not to pick too quickly, I decided to make my first trip to the Grace Hotel coffee shop. Almost didn't make it in there because I got a little angry when an aggressive African male grabbed my arm outside the hotel to ask me where I'm going, and a then a cutie diverts me on the steps leading down to the coffee shop.

I paid my 100 baht for a drink coupon, entered the very crowded room, and made a committment to make one full circle before stopping to talk to anyone. Yeah, I got half way around when a cute-eyed vixen lured me over.

I took her story "I come with friend for first time; I have not had sex in 2 years since my Thai husband left me; You will be my first farang" (Spoken with excellent English of course) with the deserved grain of salt, but did not challenge her (loss of face and all that). Her inexperience was confirmed when she strolled over to the Nana Hotel security guard and handed her ID over without any prompting.

Spent 2 nights and days with her though (most of it in the hotel) as she turned out to be very sweet and quite the bedmate. Turns out, she not only spoke good English, but writes and reads it excellently also. Not bad for a 23 year old; first bargirl I met that could read and write Englih with little effort.

To achieve my goal of not getting tied down by one girl, I finally separated from her after the 2nd day, and have been bombed by phone messages wanting me to come see her again. Some quite angry. :(

BTW, I gave my drink coupon to a Grace Hotel bartender, who never returned with my drink, and then denied getting a coupon from me. Well, it was crowded. Mai pen rai.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post.

Turns out, she not only spoke good English, but writes and reads it excellently also.
Many BGs have very strong English language skills, and I think there is a tendancy to underestimate BGs in this area. Plenty of BGs can barely communicate in English, but since the rely on English speaking customers for a living, they tend to pick up the language much quicker than many of us might realize.

In fact, plenty of BGs speak English better than members of my staff. Hmm...maybe I could finally improve language skills this way :) Nah..

Enjoyed reading your post and am quite interested in Grace Hotel for planned trip which is less that "42 days and counting".

Was this your 1st time to the Grace? What was your impression of the quantity and quality of the lady talent, given that you didn't make an extensive tour before finding the lady you left with? What was your general impression of the Grace in terms of crowd?

Oh, the lady you ended up with, did you determine if the Grace is her normal work location or does she start out elsewhere and end up at the Grace? Trying to find out about spots for freelancers earlier in the evening.

Thanks

shotover,

When did they start the 100 baht drink coupon? I was in there early August. I'm sorry to hear about someone grabbing you when you first got there. I have gone to the Grace coffee shop on all my trips and I have never had anything happen like that.

Tiger Moth,

I did the same thing you did. I had a friend getting into BKK on that late Northwest flight. We were staying at the Grand Inn, just 2 blocks down from the Grace. After he got checked into his room, we first went to the Nana disco, and when they were closing, we also meet a couple girs in the parking lot. We took them with us to the Grace. I think we walked in right at 2:00 AM and when we left a hour later the place was wall to wall with girls. Only 1 of the 2 girls we took there with us was up to my standards, so I found a different one to take back to my hotel. My friend just took the 2 of them back and the next morning, told me I made a big mistake, because they both were great. To answer your question about where all the girls come from, every one I have taken from there have been freelancers and tell me they haven't worked in any of the bars.

Hi Tigermoth,

a lot of girls that work in the NEP bars, any beer bar, SC bars or the avergae FL girls go after closing time to Grace. I met grils who worked in Japanese Karaokes, FL's, FL's with regular jobs, girls from various gogo bars or other type of bars from various places in town.

It's a very interesting place, there's two rooms, the one on the right a bit darker the one on the left a bit more relaxed with more tables and chairs to sit down at. Normally it's crowded every day of the week.

Very difficult to walk out of this place empty handed.

If you have any specific wishes for your girls just shop around and talk to them so you find your specialty.

Other FL places are the Bus Stop on Soi 4, just down the road from Nana, Soi 7's Beergarten a.o.

Dig in and enjoy,

Limbo

"In fact, plenty of BGs speak English better than members of my staff"

I've observed it's easier to speak with BGs than with many hotel and shop clerks. You would think more BGs could easily transition to a tourist related position (hotel desk clerk, shop clerk for store in farang area, etc.) and provide valuable skills. Of course, it would be a cut in pay for them, and probably more boring.

Archived