On the Scene Update - Grace Hotel

shotover

I'll check to see if the Rex has changed. I always thought it was slow. Much more fun at Siam Hotel. Rex is very very Thai. Never saw more than a few table of girls at any one time. Usually only a very few.

There is a massage parlor on Sukhumvit around Soi 34 or so, but they are very upfront. Only head, no intercourse. Never actually participated in that place though.

<<burp>>

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"though I wasn't able to pick up any of those 1500bt ST cuties monday night"

uh??If you're willing to pay many of the girls will be following you,even if you're not asian.Be direct there though,girls seem to be willing to waste less time than in Grace

I agree with your comments Straycat.

I have never been to the Rex. I have had a few of my freelancer friends mention the Malaysia Hotel on Sathorn, Soi 1. Anybody been there? You could also check on the Lumpini Park Chickens on the way to/from the Malaysia.

Honestly, this really leaves the second choice in my post above: The street.

I wonder what Sukhumvit and, especially, Soi 3 have looked like at say 0230 after the Grace started closing at 0200?

Any reports?

I guess this will be the focal point of the police - 'cleaning up' the streets.

PS. I am assuming everything will be open late Christmas and New Year's Eve.

tell you what: I was sitting observing the thai guys modus operandi & it was very direct believe me! either approaching them directly or waving them over & within few seconds the girls would decide to go or not. many times they would laugh & wave them off pretty arrogantly it seems.

I waved a few girls over & also approached some & once I figured out the standard ST rate & committed to it I was left frustrated as all girls after a bit of hesitating refused to go! hell I even kept asking my 'favorite', but no success...

of course I need to be back :)

2nd option if grace remains closed is malaysia hotel of rama4 rd!

I have never been to the Rex.

I've been there minimal times ... and everytime with Thais just to finish out the night. I would suggest NOT trying to pick up girls here unless you really know what you are doing. My feeling was that this was more of a place where girls come with or go to meet their good-looking Thai brothers like <<burp>> guy. I woudn't wanna make a wrong move there ... no sir .. mama didn't raise no fool .... that <<burp>> guy carries a big stick ::

I've only been to Siam minimal times ... but it's definitely more Thai/Asian flavored pick-up place. It's not loud, drunken and crazy like Grace ... used to be ... [a moment of silence please while I wipe the tears off my face] ... and far less GFE visage. Also farangs are definitely the minority here among somchai the very drunken tuk tuk/taxi drivers at times.

If current situation continues, then the place to be for most farangs, IMHO, are the outdoor flipsy plastic tables near Thermae and Suk 13. I'm sure it will be hard to miss .. just look for big :: on the older food vendor mamas running around crazy passing out beers.

"2nd option if grace remains closed is malaysia hotel of rama4 rd! "

Except if it has changed very recently,Malaysia is NOT an option.Almost 100% gay.A few horrible female freelancers sometimes.Quite a few drug addicts hookers in the area,often hanging around Soi Sri Bumpen,so you may strike lucky(??).I'm going to that part of town once in a while to meet friends and it's a rather ugly one.

I agree with StrayCat too,things are looking sad these days.Last night all the bars I checked in Cow Boy and NEP had girls dancing with panties and bras on(even Bottoms Up and Mandarin).Didn't bother to drink.I'm in lower suk right now and wonder where to go later.

I'm afraid you're right about the malaysia. I only passed on the advice from someone as last time I was there was more than 3 years ago where nothing much was going on :)

Guess your last chance is Pattaya bar beers if you can't pull yourselves together & pay bar before 2am or pickup in the various beer gardens/dosco's!

Chok dee!

[color:"blue"]I've only been to Siam minimal times ... farangs are definitely the minority here among somchai the very drunken tuk tuk/taxi drivers at times.[/color]

I've been to Siam many, many times. I actually prefer Grace for mainly two reasons; I know many girls & staff there. The latter being quite important for speedy service...and the former for having fun (without necessarily ending up in Playboy/Penthouse or anywhere else for that matter).

Now, I don't mind Siam either. It makes for whole lot more fun than roaming the Lumphini streetwalk. Thats for sure. Siam is definately not a farangs home turf however. My feeling is that Siam coffee shop girls in general are not at all interested in interaction with white males. Perhaps, an accurate reflection of Thai society outside of lower Sukhumvit? [Horrible thought! Now, Straycat is wiping his tears]. :) -- I'd say that the clientele at Siam is quite mixed with perhaps an emphasis on middle-class/Asian business man types (take a look at the car park outside!). I've met quite a few interesting Thai characters there, ranging from students to Thai movie stars. It's not upscale, definately not, but still...not too many drunken tuk-tuk drivers there. At least, I don't think so :)

Over to Malaysia Hotel. Yes, as already pointed out. Lots of gays there. Not an option, in my opinion.

Rex, still to be checked out.

It looks grim at the moment.

See you outside of 7-11 at the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 13. Hahaahaha! ;)

Straycat

Archived