On the Scene Update - Grace Hotel

shotover

"All right. If that`s your idea of reading and writing english excellently I have met several BGs capable of communicating at this level too"

People often use slang and abbreviations on mobile phone text messages to save time and space. My opinion of her reading ability was based on her reading English signs and large, not common words when we were out walking together. My comment on not meeting many BGs who read and write English well is based on limited experience with with these ladies.

I think you also need to draw a distinction between (a) reading and writing and (B) oral skills (no pun intended.) If a BG has been working in the Farang oriented scenes for a few years, her comprehension of spoken English can get quite good even if her written English remains relatively weak.

Based on what I see coming out of the Thai universities (in terms of the graduates we hire), I think NEP is probably a better trainning ground for spoken English than some of the local brand name universities here. Obviously it won't look quite as good on your resume as an MBA from Chula ::

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived