On the Scene Update - Grace Hotel

shotover

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(not directed at shotover in particular, just last in line)

Rumour Thursday morning were that Grace closed already at 2 - 2.30 am!.

I didn't have the chance to confirm it myself as I was deadly drunk eating shish kebab in the arab quarters between Soi 3 and 5. Heard 'the news' from several girls though.

Anyone who know if there is/was any truth to it?

Hi Shotover

"Why you no come see me. I have crazy man come talk me. I don't like crazy man not want go with him. Can you come see me"

"Crazy man gone now. OK I sorry I send message and call you too much. I want you come see me now. Please"

"If I have baby with u I pay alone for baby. It very good for you. U can fly to America. Yes. It ok. I pay for baby.

All right. If that`s your idea of reading and writing english excellently I have met several BGs capable of communicating at this level too :)

But I guess everything is relative.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

"All right. If that`s your idea of reading and writing english excellently I have met several BGs capable of communicating at this level too"

People often use slang and abbreviations on mobile phone text messages to save time and space. My opinion of her reading ability was based on her reading English signs and large, not common words when we were out walking together. My comment on not meeting many BGs who read and write English well is based on limited experience with with these ladies.

Yups, pretty depressing.

Which brings me over to: Anyone tried the Rex Coffee shop? (Rex is located just before Sukhumvit Soi 36. Besides the coffeshop, there's a (presumably short-time) hotel and a MP). I saw it was mentioned by Trink a couple of weeks ago, but I've never had the pleasure to visit myself.

Bangkok sure isn't what it used to be w/ all this 2 a.m. closing crap began a year ago :( Oh, how I wish it would revert to it's true self again....

One would think though that Grace sooner or later can negotiate 'the right price' with Lumphini police station as to be able to keep selling alcohol in the after hours. -- Food stalls, for example, cannot do this without paying up. Sometimes they pay quite ridicilous amounts...I wonder what kind of figures that've been mentioned between Grace and the finest in brown? :)

Straycat

Archived