Thaniya Plaza (Japanese Hostess Style Clubs)

the_numbers

HELLO Nanaplaza.

I've got a question... any of you boys frequent, or have much experience in the scene catered to Japanese men off Silom?

Obviously farangs are not the objective, or goal of these establishments, but would speaking enough Japanese get you over the threshold. boku-wa chioto nihongo hanashimas, and into the scene?

??

Is the format the same as Japan's hostess clubs? or some Go-Go's mixed in.. with ladies willing to engage in nocturnal activities via barfines? does somebody want to break this down..

I know there is one club down soi 33 a bit that is JAPANESE ONLY, as the sign says.

I am sure the places cost a healthy chunk of change, but I like to see a bit of everything.. recommendations?

the_numbers

I tried the "japanese mens clubs" and was repelled at the door every time.

One in Manila that I did get into, was so pissed off at me for bringing my own girl with me they charged me double the drinks price (I checked the menu) and needless to say I left toot suite...

Aussie mate of mine had no trouble getting in as a guest of a Japanese colleague based in Bangkok.

The setup is no different to your hostess bars in Japan with karaoke king and the queens pouring you drinks all night.

Costs aren't much different either apparently but my mate wasn't paying!

Numbers,

in this type club you won't have too much fun without some Japanese fellows. At Taniya the evening starts with a bottle of something for 200 USD , ladies paid by the hour ( geisha-type ) and the athmosphere from a western point of view is totally unrelaxed. The ladies are for rent , look a lot more beautiful than the average Nana-girl , cost per night around 300 to 400 US . Usually not all girls are Thai , some do even at least look Japanese. Still worth as look if you have somebody to pay the bill.

Bbill

Hi BBILL !

//Still worth as look if you have somebody to pay the bill.//

ThaT's correct.

Basically Thaniya is designed for Japanese Company's entertainment for guests. Thaniya clubs accept payment by bank transfer and issuing official receipt which meet Thai auditor's standard.

I'm wondering how Thaniya clubs running bisiness nowadays since Japanese ecomonic recession??? and young jap boys dismissing Thaniya and heading for NEP or SC.

Good point!!! I meet so many young Japanese kids these days floating along Soi Cowboy, or in Nana. The youthful crowd definitely is not buying into the older Japanese style scene, and who would want to!! jesus, what prices.

Some of the bargirls at these beloved areas (NP*SC) are totally into Japanese boys specifically -- one girl at Long Gun literally b-lines for the young ones. :o

The recession is taking a toll though, as I know a few people involved in Japanese ventures in Thailand, and most are not expanding, and many are retracting annually, i.e. cutting staff.

I noticed the approximation of a Japanese appearance by the girls at these Thaniya clubs, but it really is the same as Japan in that way ::laughs:: you see so many non-Japanese girls working in similar clubs in Japan.. lots of girls from the Philippines, Thailand, even China.

Probably won't be making that trip until one of my Japanese friends has some expense account pretense.. to carry it out under.

back to the same-old, same-old (haha, but not in a bad way)

Oh, did anyone ever encounter a Japanese girl working outside at Nana on the third floor for a few months -- not dancing, just the "hey, handsome man bit". strange, never got the story. wonder what those with the japanese fetish do if they are on a Thailand budget?

ok, blahblah, enough from numbers for now, g'nite. ::

Archived