Sad scene

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cent...

Your post is exactly why I fought so hard to gain GTG the respect and acceptance due to any participating board member. You have expressed effectively all the questions I too would like answered... Not necessarily stictly limited to GTG's family and up-bringing, but as a dialoge about this in realtionship to Thai society and culture as a whole.

Unfortunately, GTG is the one window we have to help bring some light into the discussion, so I hope she does not feel overwhelmed by all your questions and that she feels up to answering them is a series of posts to this thread. I for one would be very interested in her replies... I'm sure others would also.

BTW... I applaud you for your sense of balance and fairness in one of the most thought out posts in recent memory.

CS

quote:

Originally posted by P:

i'll give GTG some support here.

i think the girl just unintentionally made the wrong comment.

P...

First, I'd be the first to come to GTG's defence if I thought she was being put-upon unfairly, but I see no need to in this instance... so far. Beside, she is strong enough and independent enough to defend herself, if necessary.

I feel that she (GTG) truly believed and understood what she wrote about BG's & Face, because I see it happening everyday in all walks of life and all parts of the world... There is a universal sense of unawareness when a person forgets to put themselves into the shoes of another before making social comments... We all do it... Even I do.

So I don't feel that she has anything to apoligize for, or even anything to regret saying. Maybe this discussion will serve to awaken her and others to another perspective... maybe she will convince others of another perspective we have ignored.

All in all, a great beginning to what I hope will be a truly civil educational and intellectual intercourse. laugh.gif" border="0

CS

quote:

Originally posted by CosmicSurfer:

There is a universal sense of unawareness when a person forgets to put themselves into the shoes of another before making social comments... We all do it... Even I do.

CS

that is why i said unintentionally.

P,

I think you've misconstrued the tone of my post to GTG. One of the problems with writing sometimes. It doesn't go over as well as the spoken word at times. My post to her is about getting her views on the questions asked. It was in NO way meant as a rebuke toward her statement of bargirls and face. She was correct in her observations and in her assessment that it was bad behaviour and makes those involved in such public histrionics look cheap, foolish, and ill bred. I've seen this sort of behaviour from bar girls myself many times, and feel the same way about it as GTG. Myself, I believe most of the girls who behave this way are usually drunk or high on something. Not always, but I'd be willing to bet this to be the case for the most part. Please re-read my post in a positive light rather than a negative one. It wasn't meant as anything negative. It was meant to draw GTG out into a discussion about things for which she is eminently qualified to expound upon for the benefit of all who care to hear what she has to say on these subjects. I think if she could give us some more background on her upbringing, history, and social standing it would help us to understand where she is coming from and why she thinks and feels the way she does on certain subjects. Just in a general way I'm saying, not in any way that would jepordize her anonimity on the board. Maybe you just took some of my questions and statements the wrong way. Some of them were blunt, hard and direct, but I tried to show her that I wasn't being a jerk, but curious as to her thoughts and comments and want to see her hopefully answer some of them. I thought I was being respectful of her, and think she realizes that.

Cent

quote:

Originally posted by Cent:

I thought I was being respectful of her, and think she realizes that.

Cent

yes i know that you like and respect her,

but for some one who made a wrong comment she got overwhelmed by it like no one else.

therefor i felt like to back her up, NOT because i wanna jump on the she-is-a-Tgirl-bandwagon but because anybody can make an unintentional tactical mistake like she did. but a result of her being so popular is that her mistakes then get the full attention, which is actually unfair.

I have always felt that for Thai girls in the bar industry, gaining face with farangs is virtually a null and void thing - it just doesn't happen. The only REAL face they get comes from other Thais. Most farangs really don't know how face works andthese Thai girls know that - I will happily admit that I really only have a few small clues about it all. If face was so important to these bargirls - that is face with their farang customers - I do not think that they would behave the way that they do. Face with other Thais IS important however.

Stick

Rictic

I'm surprised U put on the same level politicians who basically s*** on most people's face and hookers who meanwhile are kneeling and absorbing their come crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: luisBKK ]

Archived