Lost my job - gf's reaction

think_too_mut

>It is snowing now TTM and I am staying at home for there was noway I can get my commute of 2.5 hrs/one way done today. So when you are in the nice warm wheather, think a little warm thoughts for me, ok?

I'm just back from morning surf and you know what I did? Wrote your name in the sand. It's 2 hours past low tide, so it should be there for another 3-4 hours.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>A weak excuse for doing nothing. But, you run your country your way. And people still come in. What kind of people, what do they want to experience/see in Thai...

GTG, sorry, my response was inappropriate.

It was too late to change my post as Jasmine had already responded to it in a way I should have thought of.

>Be happy with your 3 months vacation. And you don't know when you will get this vacation this long again.

Somebody said - "Find a job you like and you don't have to work one single day". It's been like that over last 18yrs, hope my next one does not fall short of that.

Going in 1 hour to get my ticket for some day next week. It's less than 7 days, can't use my points (doubt there is anything available for them anyway). Will have to pay for the first time after 10 free trips to LOS.

My post saying But the problem might arise when you rear her to the point she will fly away one day. is just my attempt to say that when this girl has grown and one day she might not need him any more. He should prepare for that but it might or might not happen. I said it because I have seen this thing happened. I tell you one particular case. This guy is an Australian (sorry TTM it's just a co-incidence). He married this Thai bg for awhile. And within one month of her having a licence to work (like green card in the US) she left him. She took everything from the house - furniture- tv - everything. He was heart broken badly. This case the licence is an equipment for her to fly away. TTM case could be her education ? I'm not saying that giving someone education is bad - it's good. But there are consequences as well. I know TTM doesn't want anything back from her. But he should realise or acknowledge that education makes people independent if they want to. And being independent might cause some trouble in a relationship, esp. when one used to be depedent on the other one and later s/he doesn't need the other one any more. I'm sure there is nothing new here.

>Khun GTG, IMO, one of the purpose of help is to give her/him freedom to be able to help oneself. If she/he wants to fly away, there is not a thing you can do about it. No one or things really belongs to someone forever, don't you think?<

I'm with you on this ka.

>Kindness makes life a little easier at times. <

I would say a lot easier ka. ;)

>GTG, sorry, my response was inappropriate. <

No need to say that, you just don't understand the concept?, that's all.

Uncertainty is certainty, buddist belief.

Jasmine explanation is so perfect, "Just because everything is uncertain does NOT mean that ones should do nothing. What that belief means is, that ones do the best for NOW and be prepared for the changes in future."

I'd like to say that , to me, the belief allows you not to be so upset when thing deosn't come your way the way you expect it to be. If you understand the concept of U-bek-ka you would understand this belief clearer.

Any scholar would like to help me explain U-bek-ka concept here ?

:)

Hi Khun GTG,

I know that you wrote with the intent of warning out from the care. What I was trying to say also, was that no one can tell the future, all we can do is the best for now. I have seen bad things happen too, still I maintain, ones need to give what ones can.

If we clip the wings of our loved ones for fear that once they have gained "wings", they will leave us, then I don't want any of these people to stay, if you know what I mean.

I have seen people preventing their spouses from learning the new languages, in order to keep them under control. Also, have seen men who resented thier spouse for furthering education, even tried to subotage the attempt, that is not love for me.

Dear Khun Nong GTG, there are conseqences in everything we do.

By the way TTM, you do need to be aware that many women (Thais or not) will use men as stepping stones.

Cheers! :D :D :D

Hi,

[color:"red"]I'd like to say that , to me, the belief allows you not to be so upset when thing deosn't come your way the way you expect it to be. [/color]

Agreed, also, I have lived long enough to see that things happen for good reasons. If things were so smooth for me, I would NOT have done many things that made my life what it is today. Also, I will have a very narrow mind, which is not the person I want to be.

On "U-Bek-Ka", that is the most difficult concept for me. I had had problem with my only child for years and had sufferred extreamely. I met a Thai monk from Isaan in Virginia who brought this concept to light but I cannot really explain it well. Now I still dont't understand what my child has been doing but it is her life and I feel no burden any more. He was saying something like "When you cannot change the situation, let it go. People have their own karma, and nothing can stop it". Does that make sense?

Cheers!

Archived