Lost my job - gf's reaction

think_too_mut

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TTM

I know how difficult it would be to get lay-off. I remember the time in 1991 when I got laid off in Germany and return to Boulder, CO with a wife and young kid. There was no job to be found in Boulder. The highest paying job at the time was a water-meter reader position listed at the city hall. I had to leave my wife and kid behind and went look for work in Texas. Make a long story short I eventualy found work after four months of doing everything to make a buck.

Thing seems tough now but it will be ok. Just hang in there and keep going at it. You will find a job at no time. Your wife sounds like she's a very good and sincere woman. She seems like she is really care for you and willing to going through tough time with you. Hang with her. It's hard to find a good woman who is committed to you and is willing to share adversity in life. Overall, life is a journey that constantly changing and we just have to adapt. Take great care and god bless always.

csm

p.s. either boulder or denver is fine place to live and raise kid. I lived in Boulder and graduated from the University there. It's quite expensive and is getting a bit crowded now.

There are about 5,000 Thais here in the Denver metro area. We have an active Wat in which my wife participates. A lot of Thai wives keep on coming over here. Quite a few Thai/Lao grocery/video stores. Here is a link for the Wat:

http://www.watthaidenver.org/

http://www.watthaidenver.org/english.htm

http://www.cudenver.edu//thai/

http://www.colorado.edu/StudentGroups/thaiclub/

>Thing seems tough now but it will be ok. Just hang in there and keep going at it. You will find a job at no time.

Ahemmm. An update. Yesterday (Monday) I finally put together my CV and rang 3 ex-competitors. They all wanted it and wanted to talk. Going to see them over next 3 days.

Today, Tuesday, former colleagues strategically placed with another 2 ex-competitors also rang me.

My ex-company rang me as well saying there might be something in Singapore for me if I hang on 5-6 weeks.

So, in my corner of technology, it's not all that catastrophic. They were all too eager, hope the money has not halved....

As soon as I have something tangible, I'm off to LOS. For the first time I may be doing my visa run!

TTM,

Great to hear that you have a good prospect of getting a new job very soon.

Did you tell your gf about the news ?

I'm having a very BAD idea but couldn't resist to let you know !

If I were you, I wouldn't tell her about the job offer. Instead, will ask her to help cut her allowance - to see if she really could manage to live on this tight budget. Moreover, you could see if she would be happy to live through the ups and downs with you. Besides, she will be finishing her school very soon. So it is not such a bad idea.

MAYBE IT'S A BAD IDEA

:p

GTG,

You are effectively saying that TTM should use that as the ultimate test........

Must be though through very carefully, very easy to backfire, and sure that TTM has not told us of all details of his relationship, hence maybe a bad idea.

Also TTM will soon leave to LOS, so if he can affort the trip and expenses, why would she cut 1500-2000 Bt per month ?

Just my opinion on this.......

Cheers !

Says Goodthaigirl:

TTM,

Great to hear that you have a good prospect of getting a new job very soon.

Did you tell your gf about the news ?

I'm having a very BAD idea but couldn't resist to let you know !

If I were you, I wouldn't tell her about the job offer. Instead, will ask her to help cut her allowance - to see if she really could manage to live on this tight budget. Moreover, you could see if she would be happy to live through the ups and downs with you. Besides, she will be finishing her school very soon. So it is not such a bad idea.

MAYBE IT'S A BAD IDEA

:p

Cute idea for the novels and the movies but in reality it doesn't tell you anything as far as the long term is concerned nor does it measure in any capacity love. The best you will get is short term temporary reaction to the situation.

One could counter with to test the Girlfriends devotion to you would she go out and prostitute her body to help take care of you.

How many women would express their love and devotion to their mate by doing that?

>Moreover, you could see if she would be happy to live through the ups and downs with you.

GTG, it's going to be like you said but not because I want to test her. Simply, companies are saying - wait, it's coming, we want you - but the paperwork is done only after all the formalities within the companies are complete. It's holidays season, normally, nothing can be done before mid-February.

So, I may have a job but not in writing. Enough for me but she may feel uneasy about that.

Daily converstations start with her asking what company did I contact during the day and what they said. "They want to see you?".

Sometimes feels like a child. I won't be able to hide any success from her.

Archived