Liverpool - Man U. ?-?

Zaad

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a match!! A classic. I'd have preferred a draw but since 'Pool are closest to us in points I'll take their loss. However, it still pains me exceedingly to see United win. I still had an empty feeling when I left the bar. 4am start time and it was packed, even though the pub will be replaying it later.

Forlan has to be given Man of the Match for obvious reasons. Dudek 'Moan of the Match' for even more obvious reasons. Seems like we may have witnessed the start of Kirkland's career as GK.

It was a spirited match. Liverpool deserved at least a draw but that's how football is. Dudek dropping the ball is one thing but getting beat at the near post at such an acute angle makes his performance almost criminal. Gerrard played terrible. I would have substituted him earlier if I was GH, especially after 'Pool fell behind. Of note also is it was the first 'Pool home loss in almost a year also.

One thing I am starting to realize and Sayjann will be happy to know this, is that with Beckham, Butts, Keane, Veron and Ferdinand back will this turn out to be an Arsenal - Man Utd battle to the end or all three, Arsenal - Man Utd - Liverpool battle to the end?

We'll need the 3 points next week. A draw won't do. We need this month to put as much distance between us and both sides.

Even though if one team had to win table-wise I prefer Man Utd, I still hated to see them win, did I mention that? :(.

Did I also mention how much I despise them also? ::

At this writing, Everton hasn't finished yet and the consolation is that Chelsea and an Everton draw will still leave Man Utd out of the top 3 positions in the table. ::

In my opinion GH has put an unnecessary pressure on his keeper Dudek.

He has indeed lost his great form. He just doesn't look like he's playing with his mind on the game.

Poor Dudek.

His trainer should never have doubted about him, just like Ferguson with Barthez.

Actually, I hate Barthez and I would have kicked his ass out long ago, but Ferguson kept trusting him and they both did well.

If GH dumps Dudek like he dumped Westerveld, I think he won't do himself and Liverpool any good.

Anyway, I he does put this young unexperienced Kirkland in the goal (I have no idea about this keeper's abilities, but must be something special as the media mentions he's the future's England goalie) I hope he can deal with pressure.

He won't only be replacing Dudek, he has to show England that the media is right about him.

Goodluck Kirkland.

Actually, I hate Barthez
Me too ::

Kirkland is going to get a game against Ipswich, I hope he does well and then GH will have to start him next weekend against Charlton, I think GH will have no choice if Kirkland has a really good game against Ipswich,

terrible first half.

a lot of niggles going on,people kicking other's,i love it.

it's what football is all about,a little rivalry all around.

i loved the reception G.Neville got.

the Pool hate him,but he walked off the pitch with a smile on his face.

Dudek has had a couple of howlers lately(including yesterday) and listening to the radio phone-in's i'm distressed at the calls for Dudek to be dropped.

keep in in the team i what i say.

well done CS,for the last 3 months you've been going on about how useless Utd are and they won't finish in the top 3.

now your saying you think it is a must win situation for the Arse.

Utd supporters do not think like this.

you are panicing i think.

"well done CS,for the last 3 months you've been going on about how useless Utd are and they won't finish in the top 3.

now your saying you think it is a must win situation for the Arse."

I have to say your worn out line that Man.U. will get back, and that it hasn't started yet is paying off. It does seem people have short memories, sadly Man.U. can never be ignored.

Cheers!

I don't think anyone, even a Man Utd, Liverpool or Tottenham supporer who has any objectivity would dispute that Arsenal are the best team and its theirs to lose if they don't play to their best form.

That being said, the best team doesn't always win (Man Utd over Liverpool as a classic example ;) )

I am always nervous. I was and continue to maintain Liverpool will be the biggest threat to us. I was hoping to put more distance between us and Man Utd (double digit points) by the end of the calendar year. Still a possibility but its doubtful. When Man Utd comes back to full strength, we'll see. Arsenal was decimated by injuries to start the year (not as bad as United now but no Pires, Bergkamp, Ljundberg, Keown, Gio VB, bookings on players, etc.) and we drew at Chelsea and West Ham.

So Sayjann, any predictions for this weeks game between us?

Archived