Liverpool - Man U. ?-?

Zaad

Bring Kirkland in, I say. Tell the goalies that their position is subject to performance, just like the rest of the team. It's not a James situation - we've got to know Dudek as a good keeper, but when he's out of form and you've got a replacement as good as Kirkland, it'd be foolhardy not to play him. (When Liverpool bought both of them on the same day I thought "Wa-hey! That's a double-A side!". He's a number one goaly in his own right.)

Fingers at being pointed at Joe Corrigan, the Liverpool goalkeeping coach but whatever it is, I'm sick of goalies being treated like babies. Fuck it, are they men or not? You had Clemence/Shilton thing for England and no one thought about not dropping the most out of form one of them because he might cry himself to sleep forever.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Bibbles is spot on

It seems as very big thing to drop a keeper. Much more than any other position.

Probably because traditionaly the No 2 keeper is below the standard of the No 1

At Liverpool this is not the case.

If Dudek isn't performing (which he isn't) then drop him.

If course it;s the managers decision and he's a man who wasted 30m on Heskey Biscan and Diouf

Having said that Dudek's in my drean team

prediction?,no way.

i never do that.

i am never very pessimistic when it comes to Utd this season,they are an enigma.

games they would be expected to win,they don't, and vice versa.

i think Utd will be favourites with the bookies,but only because they are the home team.

and as being the home team they will be expected to dictate the pace,but we all know it does'nt always work out that way.

and as you say,the best team does'nt always win.

i still say Utd's injury list is and was bigger then Arsenal's ever was.

hopefully when we get all our player's back and the magician can choose from a full squad,thing's will change.

a big lead at this stage of the season means nothing.

i remember when Utd had a big lead and Arsenal slowly pulled it back after christmas.

and the Toon had a 12 point advantage over us at one stage,but who won?.

i would be happy if Utd are still within touching reach at the end of the year.

just over a week ago the English presss were going on about the 5 games which would decide Utd's season(excluding the Burnley game).

well so far,3 down and 3 won,i'm happy.

The pundits are saying GH should have started Kirkland. I respectfully disagree. Dudek has and will continue to win far more games for 'Pool than lose them. Not starting Dudek would have been a public vote of no confidence in him. Also, Kirkland is possibly the future of English GK duties internationally but he his far too young and inexperienced for the pressure of such a fixture as Liverpool v. Man Utd. If this was the end of the season with the table already determined, then maybe for the experience, but not in such an important and emotionally charged match. Then what if Liverpool would have lost with Kirkland in? Then what? You just demoralized Dudek and your replacement is demoralized. Then the press would have lambasted GH for starting him in such an important game. You can't win. I'm not a GK, never will be I'm afraid so I can not comment on whether their emotional well being is paramount to a good performance. I would think its imporant for any position but moreso for the GK. I would think it is, as if your striker or midfielder is a little down on himself you have other midfielders and another striker to offset his lack of confidence theoretically. A GK has what? His central defenders? They can only do so much. His left and right backs? Same thing. Just my two satang.

Anything other than second place should be a disappointing year for 'Pool. The title is well within range and if (and if there is a God in heaven I pray he will not) 'Pool were to win the title it would be a HUGE achievement. Finishing a close 2nd to Arsenal with the people we have this year is not such a bad thing. Yes, Liverpool should have won. But all is not lost.

As for Man Utd, I totally agree that their injuries were more massive than Arsenal's and I said as much in my prior post. They should see their present place in relation to Liverpool and Arsenal as a big accomplishment considering the injuries.

It was said that no team could suffer more than 2 or 3 losses and still win the EPL, but this could one of those years where you could get away with possibly 5 losses. I still maintain the difference will be the top 3 drawing against sides they should beat.

I think very shortly Kirkland will be the number one keeper for the pool, Dudek has had his chance and made to many silly mistakes, At this level you can not make these mistakes consistantly, Let him fight for his place back and let the best man win :: My moneys on Kirkland by the way,

Also , Found this poll on the BBC,

Should England drop David Seaman ?

VOTE RESULTS

Yes

77.20%

No

22.80%

40,323 Votes Cast

Me too. He's been getting away with it for years. I still blame him for both the Dutch goals that kept us out of the '94 World Cup. Seems to be an English thing - keeping hold of overripe goalkeepers too long. Shilton was well past it in Italia '90 and, as Gazza rather bitterly pointed out about the penalties, "he was allowed to try to save them, you know".

When Houllier bought Kirkland I thought "that's our new number one". When I heard he'd then bought Dudek on the same day, I suspected Dudek'd take top spot but still thought Kirkland would be better.

Hey, chocosteve, do you treat your women with the same tenderness as you treat your goalies?!

Well, according to reports, Kirkland will be able to start a few matches. This will be interesting. I can't say for sure if Seaman should be Englands GK, its not my country and an argument can be made either way. You may be better off trying to talk Freidel into changing citizenship.

Bibblies, unfortunately I do treat my women like I treat my GKs, I keep them around even when they are aging and getting a bit too old to wear a ponytail and have grown a mustache......and despite my protests still allow Brazilians, Dutch, Germans and God knows who else to score on them.

kirkland was always due to start the worthington cup game.

these games are just what the managers like to play their 'lesser' players.

but now Houllier has said kirkland will get his chance,has he lost confidence in dudek?.

a lot of media coverage about dudek the last week or so and what should happen to him.

also a lot of comments from Pool supporters.

drop dukek before he loses condidence,but others saying don't drop him because he might lose confidence.

but aside from Liverpool.

watched the Burnley/Utd game tonight and it was great.

my team seem to treating the competition a bit more seriously this year and fielded a fairly strong team.

sat there in the pub,and watched Burnley have a multitude of chances,but Utd also.

1st half Burnley were by far the superior team,but the 2nd,Utd.

bad finishing from both teams and some good goalkeeping,it was real end to end stuff and i really enjoyed it,even though it looked at many times Utd would get stuffed.

Ole's strike for his goal was incredible,he hit it so hard,straight at the keeper,but with such pace,beresford had no chance.

but a word of appreciation for John O'Shea.

what a player,this season he has come into the team and played at right back,centre half and in midfield.

has never let the team down,tonight he was awesome,along with young Wes.

what a partnership for the future.

a shame he will probably not win young player of the season.

after all,only a regular at Utd and capped for his country,but we know Wayne Rooney will win it because of his goal against the Arse,and all the hype about him.

an injustice.

Archived