Crisis at Anfield

Robbie9god

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kewell? what have you been smoking? all my friends who are leeds supporters want rid of him because he only plays for harry kewell not for the team.lets have a bit of belief,we will come back,never win the league but top three no problem. [color:"red"] [/color]

"kewell? what have you been smoking? all my friends who are leeds supporters want rid of him because he only plays for harry kewell not for the team."

Kewell's mistake is that he still is at Leeds. He has been a different class to most there for some time. He also plays for a crap national side. If he played only for Harry Kewell he would have been out of Leeds a long time ago!

Put the same player in a team like Man.U. and England, and he would deservedly have cult status.

Cheers!

Says check_bin_krap:

When it comes to Robbie Fowler, I think it was a good deal for L'pool. He has almost not played because of injuries. However good a player is, if he spends most of the time injuried he is a waste of money. We might get back half the amount if we manage to sell him.

While I agree that fowler has had his injury problems he IMO is still the best finisher in english football.The guy has averaged a goal every 2 games throughout his career.Considering the bit part he has played since GH has taken the reins at Anfield he is 2nd to none.

His biggest problem was Owen is a jealous little f**k who seems to dislike any striking partner showing him up.Owen currently seems to have the same dislike for Baros that he had for Fowler.In the recent uefa cup match against Vitesse he didn't have the manners to acknowledge the good work of Baros to set him up with a sitter.

Fowler would have finished his career at anfield had he not been run out by GH and Thompson.Owen on the other hand has always said he will eventually leave to play in europe.

Fowler is still an idol to most koppites,owen the pretender will never be held in the same regard.

GH is a schoolteacher and treats his players like kids.Anyone who has dared to question his sometimes idiotic methods have been shown the door.While he has done well previously he is only capable of taking the club so far.Some of his team selections over the years have been baffling to say the least.The only creative player to be given a chance by GH was the evergreen Gary McCallister,a player you no doubt remember well from his Leeds days.He spent most of last season sitting on the bench after pulling all the strings the previous season.He might have been old but was a far better player than some of the s**t houllier picks i.e. smicer and biscan.

Houllier will pick brawn over brains every time.Speedy forwards and muscle men in midfield.Teams with superior skill and footballing brains will always cause us problems as we saw with Arsenal last season and most notably Valencia this season,who gave us a real lesson at home and in spain.Basel,probably the worst team ever to qualify for the CL 2nd phase made us look totally inept.With Houllier in charge and Owen up front we will never win the Premiership of that I have no doubt.

If you're really interested in a swop how about God and Kewell for heskey and owen.We'll even throw in GH and PT for good measure.

You can keep TV though.While I believe he knows his stuff I doubt his longterm commitment to anything apart from his bank accounts.

Says chocolat steve:

Question: If Liverpool end up 2nd or third this year in the league, no silverware in FA or Uefa or even Worthington, will GH be sacked?

Only winning the league this season can save GH.When you lose the full backing of the players and fans you're in deep s**t.I believe the end is near for houllier and hopefully he will be replaced by somebody who'll have us once again playing the Liverpool way not the crazy gang way!

Says bibblies:

I'd exclude Diouf and Cheyrou from my list of driftwood - they've hardly had a chance so far and have at least shown touches of skill.

I agree that the jury is still out on these 2.Cheyrou,given time to adapt to the speed of the PL might be a very good buy.When Pires first arrived at Arsenal he looked a dreadful player but once he settled in was superb.

As for El Hadji Diouf,I'm not so sure.Like Heskey he doesn't score many goals.His first touch appears to be awful and he gives the ball away quite cheaply,somewhat like Riise.Riise,while having a great strike and scoring some nice goals gives the ball away far too easy and cannot defend.Reminds me alot of Ian Harte to be honest.

I know this sounds like another Liverpool fan "whining" because things aren't going too well but a lot of my points have been concerns I had for a couple of seasons.I believe big changes are needed and hopefully the new year will bring them.

Also Arsenal will not win the league this season.My money is on Man Ure.While I can't say I took pleasure in Utd winning I really enjoyed the wenger scowl for the last 10 mins on sunday.Long may it last!!! ::

Hope you are right about Robbie Robbie9god, and that he also stays injury free. We could certainly use a good finisher now. I believe Viduka should be sold, he does not score enough and his work rate is doubtful. Smith is a good player, but hardly a consistent finisher. Bridges is a player I have a lot of faith in though, but it does not seem TV shares that.

Yep, McAllister is a player I remember fondly. He was unfairly branded a "traitor" for being sold my Leeds when they needed the cash. In my book he served the club well, as he also did for the other clubs he played.

You can keep Heskey though...

Cheers and good luck for L'pool (other than in the UEFA cup)

Not convinced by Fowler but I'd certainly like Litmanen back! He scored a beaut for Ajax last night. Ljungberg also looked very lively - how we could do with an skillful pacey attacking midfield player like that. In fact, Liverpool were interested in him months before he went to Arsenal. I just can't understand why we didn't put in a competing bid at the time. Ditto for Rio Ferdinand when he left West Ham for Leeds. We'd been interested in him months before that.

Nothing's been said yet (because check_bin_krap's from Norway?) about the allegations of quasi-racism I made against Leeds fans. I.e. that they'd never give a 'slick' Londoner a chance. I'm sure this factor works against Venables whereas Houllier has actually benefited from the intellectual mystique that we attach to foreigners. He was seen as a Wenger-like appointment whereas, in fact, the French think Houllier's a bit of a dickhead.

Hi R9G,

it seems that you might be able to lift Anfield spirits against Vitesse on thursday. We're going over with 6 players not able to play, so it's gonna be a very young and eager team.

If we manage to kick you out of the Uefa, I'll be grinning widely and having a VERY good day, and than we will continue to discuss your crisis at Anflied.

Untill than, good luck though.

I do agree that Owen is much overrated. Do you think your keeper crisis is GH related as well?

Limbo

Archived