Crisis at Anfield

Robbie9god

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Batistuta??? ::I really hope you're having a laugh.The guy is past being past it.We would be better off signing Gazza.At least he would liven things up.If Batistuta wants to play in England it is purely because nobody in Italy or Spain would be crazy enough to sign him.

Wayne Bridge and Marc Overmars(or Duff) would be top of the list.Joe Cole would also be an option and David Trezeguet up front.If owen can be flogged for big money I'd say let him go.Most teams have figured out that defending deep cancels out the threat of owens pace.Fowler seems destined to leave Leeds and it would be a joy to see him pull on the No.9 shirt once again for the pool.If O Leary were to take over at anfield in the summer this would be a huge possibilty.

Martin O Neill has also been linked with Liverpool as he still refuses to sign a new contract.A very good young manager whos only drawback would be his reluctance to sell Heskey AGAIN.GH has said he does not intend to buy any players

during this window but rumours of a swop deal involving either Riise or Dudek leaving for Barcelona with Overmars heading in the other direction certainly sound interesting.

While I would be sorry to see Dudek leave(he was superb last season)the departure of Riise would be most welcome.The guy is a super striker of the ball but cannot defend,cannot pass and gives possession away far too easily.Mr. Overmars has proved while with the arse he is more than capable of destroying English defences.

Praying for changes for the new year but sadly we may just have to settle for Cardiff twice and the hope of a new manager before next season.

Ah well,better than a kick in the b***oxs I suppose!

I meant Liverpool is a young team, not Zola, he's about what? 35 or 36? Liverpool just needs someone with some experience in central midfield in my opinion so that they can still challenge for the title and cups and the younger midfielders can learn from. Some leadership in the middle when its needed, like Keane for United. I don't think they have that there. With the youth they have and the quality they can in, in a couple years replace either Man Utd or Arsenal as the co leading favourites to win the title. For the last few years its been only 2 clubs winning the title.

I caught the last year or so of Overmars when I started following the Arse and still wondered why we really got rid of him. Was it his performance or other reasons?

With the result at Manc City, 'Pool may have found their bottom and are coming back up. A league title seems unlikely now being 12 points off but one of the cups is a possibility since that is all they have to play for. I'd love for them to draw Man Utd, knock them off and hopefully we get through and beat the Reds in the finals :)

What a great player Overmars is. I'ld hate to see him play for anybody but the Arse in England.

To all you, once more my question about the recent Pool goal keepers. What;s up with them? Westerveld is at top position in Spain. Dudek is a great keeper.

What happened. Anybody any thoughts on this??

Re. Pool's midfield, why on earth did GH let Litmanen go?

Cheers,

Limbo

I don't think Liverpool has a keeper's problem, I think it's more a GH-problem. Lack of confidence.

Litmanen is playing superbly in Amsterdam (AJAX). I guess he never felt comfortable in Liverpool for whatever reason. But I have my thoughts.

What Liverpool needs is an experienced Steven Gerard. They need to wait a couple of years. :)

Batistuta??? I really hope you're having a laugh.We would be better off signing Gazza.At least he would liven things up.If Batistuta wants to play in England it is purely because nobody in Italy or Spain would be crazy enough to sign him.

Signing Gazza? As a clown to liven things up as you said? I'm laughing already :) It would take him the whole 90 minutes to run from one goal to another ::

Nonsense what you said about Batigoal. He is either too expensive for the 'poorer' clubs or 'useless' as the rich clubs have younger or/and equal-skilled players.

I think he could STILL show wonderful things in England. There's certainly a lot more space for him to play on, especially when comparing to Italy where they break legs for every inch.

Bad example: Weah was a great player in Italy. Never understood why it didn't work out in England at Manchester City. (and another club I believe) ::

Basically GH does not believe in playing creative football.He was considered too negative while involved with the french national team.As soon as he left,France started to play superb football,winning a world cup and euro championship.

GH believes football is all about pace and power.He is very strict on discipline and any player who doesn't toe the line has been shown the door,Robbie Fowler being the most notable.GH has always had his favourites and as long they keep kissing his ass they will be picked.

I am delighted to see Westerveld doing so well in spain.I felt at the time he was very harshly treated.He dropped a clanger against bolton and his career at Anfield was over.Litmanen never got a chance at Anfield.Personally I never understood why he rarely played.The guy was a life long Liverpool fan and the most creative player I've seen at Anfield since Jan Molby.Molby was a player who never would have been in a team managed by GH but was one of the best passers of a football ever to grace the hallowed turf of anfield.

GH has a theory on how to be successful but hasn't got the brains to use try plan B when plan A blows up in his face.He also has failed to name an unchanged side 2 games running for over 2 years.

I cannot recall a successful Liverpool team without a Irish,Scot or Welshman playing.But I can see a team with French,Czech,Croatian and Senegalese misfits going absolutely nowhere.Houlliers days are numbered and sooner rather than later he will realize what it feels like to be surplus to requirements at Anfield.

Archived