Penis Discharge! Advice please...

NGU is classified as a sexually transmitted disease-I would like to see your reference for stating that it can be picked up from swimming pools as well as for causing kidney failure.

Chronic prostatitis is generally caused by gram negative aerobic bacteria while NGU is not.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says tomc12:

NGU is classified as a sexually transmitted disease-I would like to see your reference for stating that it can be picked up from swimming pools as well as for causing kidney failure.

Chronic prostatitis is generally caused by gram negative aerobic bacteria while NGU is not.

You can even get a NSU for "no specific reason" at all. Say, just because you don't drink/urinate enough and the bacteria aren't flushed out and multiply (happens a lot in hot climates). I've had one of those things myself, burning sensation in the u.t. and a fever. If undetected, the bacteria may wander upwards the urinary tract and cause more harm (chronic kidney infection and ultimately, failure).

I'm not sure what "reference" my friend has about urinary tract infections being picked up from swimming-pools, but since she's an expert in that field, I take her word for it. Very common are ear infections from swimming-pools, so there seem to be a lot of germs floating about.

You are confusing medical conditions. Cystitis (bladder infection) is relatively common in women due to their short urethra. In fact, a woman has a 50% chance of developing a lower UTI in her life-2% of these will ascend to the upper tract. In the male, the risk for cystitis is much less because of the longer urethra. Pyelonephritis (kidney infection) is very rare in the male unless he has some anatomical problem or blood-borne infection while in the female, it is seen more frequently. 80% of these infections are due to ciliated organisms, which is not the case for NGU.

Swimming pool infections are related to:1)topical infections-most bacteria are killed by contact with pure water and even more if the pool is chlorinated; some, like Pseudomonas, like water and these could cause superficial infections such as on the skin and ear 2)GI ingestion-parasites that form cysts, such as Cryptosp. could be ingested and cause problems. But I don't know of any case of NGU attributed to a swimming pool or from not drinking enough water, so could you please ask your friend for a single reference for this?

Hi,

if your nasty visitor was gone and came back it is possible it came back through your clothes. Remember to wash all your clothes very hot which have been stained with that discharge.

I'm personaly not sure if these buggers can last a wash but it's been a doctors recommendation to wash the clothes very hot. And you might put a tissue in your slip and replace the tissue several times a day to prevent your slips to get stained in the first place.

Archived