wine and cheese with a Thai girl ???

Goodthaigirl

exGF said she liked cheese (actually would buy cheese). It turned out what she meant was that yellow stuff (looks and tastes like plastic and is probably made of plastic) from Australia or New Zealand that Thai supermarkets sell under the name "cheese".

Real cheese was too smelly for her.

New GF wouldn't touch any of that. I brought some cheese from Europe and had to eat it myself.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it looks like, some of you love "real" cheese. In this case I would recommend the Biergarden at Suk Soi 23 right at the entrance to Soi Cowboy. They offer a great plate of original French and Swiss cheese. Very nice if one likes it. The draw back is, last time I paid something like 250 bath. And it is certainly more an appetizer then a menu.

Excuse me:"I thought there also will be some Swiss Cheese "Ementaler" on this plate?" "Yes Sir, there is!!! Unluckily you just get the hole!!!".

Cheers

i thought this venue is called beerhouse (definitely NOT biergarden)? used to have a manager talking several languages. it was fun to talk with him and to switch the language again and again after a couple of sentences....

i have no idea why the emmentaler is the most popular swiss cheese; they have actually much better one's....

I agree with you, it is called beerhouse. But obviously you recognized it however ;)

As far as the Swiss cheese is concerned you are of course correct. There is a huge variety available here and in fact some of them are much tastier then the ?Swiss Cheese?. But however, Emmentaler is the cheese with the big holes and that?s the one, a good part of the world is referring to as ?Swiss cheese?. Isn?t it amazing how famous a little bit of air can get? :D

Cheers

Archived