wine and cheese with a Thai girl ???

Goodthaigirl

BelgianBoy commented about Thaigirl and cheese in

here

in Arts and Culture. As it is about food I decided to start a new thread in this section.

Here is his first comment.wine and cheese with a Thai girl ??? Do you know any that like cheese ??? I dont !!!

I told him"You're talking to one. "

And he said "..(snip)...With all respect, 'your' cheese is it in name only, 'mine' is what P127 will call the real stuff........

Ever had a camembert or a brie for example ? Or real gruyere ? and not the copied stuff !!!! "

I don't know what is real or unreal. But I love brie very much. My first taste was in a restaurant in a farang country I don't remember where. Then I have had it many times. Warm brie as a dip with vegetable...umm. I've had gruyere in Paris, France. Is it real enough ? May be not ?

I can't remember all the cheese names I've tried over the years. If I can't pronounce the names I forget them ! I like blue cheese too. It's smelly but it's tasty - like Pla ra (Isan fermented fish).

So, for all of you guy, have you had your gfs (pros/non-pros) try cheese?

What kind have you had them try first? What's the reaction ? How long did it take them to get used to it? Or even love it !

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i meet this Thaigirl i was with the last time and i enjoyed go out eating with her cause she eats eeverything, she even has milk in her tea hehe, and i do hate milk in my tea, guess the englishman she has as boyfriend teach her that, but she eat all kind of food and drink wine also and eat cheese to one thing she dont like is Tomato ketchup is ok but not a tomato salad , she told me that the second time i was going to order a tomato salad for her. but thats the only thing she has rejected so far in food way

Um, she loves wine :drunk: with pizza and pasta but went nowhere near the small amount of brie I once bought from Villa Market to go with our pasta. I've kind of accepted this cheese-hate from Thais and, in fact, I wouldn't want it to stop. After all, most cheese is full of horrible saturated fats - you could get as fat as western women in no time. :eek:

My wife likes very good cheese like a well aged cheddar or a very good brie. The only time she will eat it is at a party. She doesn't want cheese in the house as it is fattening. Oh and the supermarket stuff, no way. I guess if she is going to have something fattening it better be good quality.

The only problem with this is that occaisionally I like cheese and crackers and can't always get the good stuff. "Why do you eat that. The taste is no good. You eat that make you fat." Oh well.

HI,

i found that as long at it looks like cheese you see in supermarkets etc. they wont hardly touch it. But as soon as it is part of a dish its Ok with them. I know a few where you combine rice with melted cheese and a few other things and my thaifriends love it. They even start looking for cheese when they go shopping and i had to show them how to make these dishes.

mupfel

I have found that cheese in a cooked dish is o.k. Such as pizza and one eggplant parmagine I made. But as a snack most Thai girls I know stay away. I dropped off 2 bottles of California wine last trip, no report on how they were received! (o.k. I forgot the cork screw! :)) My self, I love cheese, but stay away as it is very fattening and irratates my sinuses! Most dairy products do. I have heard many Thais have trouble with dairy products irratating their stomachs...

Archived