wine and cheese with a Thai girl ???

Goodthaigirl

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are a couple of swiss restaurants in bangkok: on sukhumvit soi 20 are william tell and chesa, andaman on thonglor soi 5 and swiss cafe in swiss lodge on convent road. probably there are more.

i had swiss cheese fondu in william tell; it was about 200 baht per person, but quite a while ago

>andaman on thonglor soi 5<

Thanks for the info.

Been there. Great resturant and great atmosphere !

There's one called 'Fondu house' around Suk soi 40 something - it's on the even number side of the street. It's opposite Tat-tong temple. The restaurant is converted from a very nice old house. I would recommend these two places.

Will try Willian Tell soon.

My fiance is not that keen on cheese, 'au natural' or in cooked dishes. The occasional pizza is OK. Mainly because she thinks it is too fattening.

As for wine. She certainly likes the occassional glass as do her family.

As she is not really a drinker, my next major task is to get her through the Oz driving test. (Her Thai licence, did not actually require her to pass the test) LOL

Then.... you guessed it........I can drive on the way to dinner.......and she can drive back:-)

Sid

A sister of a Thai friend of mine likes cheese. She's the only Thai person I know off that likes cheese.

When friends or relatives come over from Holland, they always bring good Dutch cheeses over for me. In Thailand I only know of TOP's who has a good cheese selection, but they don't come cheap.

And yes, she always comments on how the cheese made me so fat, it's never that I had to help her to finish her plate.....

Wine is a different story, my wife likes a glass sometimes on a special occasion as do many Thais IMO, definately more wine drinkers than cheese eaters.

Extra belegen Limbo

I also can recommend the William Tell. It is my favorite Swiss Restaurant in BKK. However, I have to admit as Swiss, I never would eat Fondue at the temperatures we have at BKK.

Related to the original subject: me and my wife eat right at the moment (winter time) about one to two fondues or raclettes per week. She likes it a lot, which was, and to a certain extend still is, a surprise to me. I know Australians and Americans who get sick by just smelling it :)

Cheers

Archived