Who's your FAVORITE professional sports team....

BadaBing

I probably don't even need to answer this for you to know.

Right now my all time favorite is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who will be 11 - 3 after tomorrow. Sorry.

Why do I love them? Well I've lived in Tampa for the past 5 years and they have the best defense by far in the NFL. Guess what position I played in high school? Defensive tackle. Yeah baby, show me the quarter back and I'll show you a man about to be in pain.

You guys don't have a rookie quarter back do you? 'Cause we just love rookie quarter backs.

Uhhhm, after the Bucs it would be the Patriots, the Sox (need I say Red Sox? There's only one sox), the Bruins, and the Celtics. Yeah I spent the first 29 years of my life in Beantown.

But I'm at a point in my life where all I care about is the NFL. Everything else is just filler waiting for the next NFL season.

Oh, and Chocolate Steve and Froggo have got me watching Arsenal in the EPL. I'm not quite at the rabid fan stage though.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<Oh, and Chocolate Steve and Froggo have got me watching Arsenal in the EPL. I'm not quite at the rabid fan stage though>>

Steve sure has lost the plot. I mean if a yank is going to get obsessed about a English soccer team then why oh WHY BORING BLOODY ARSENAL!!! I could give him some guidance but I fear he's gone way beyond any reasoning :: ::

Says chocolat steve:

Ice Hockey: Canadiens. Hated the Flyers

You hated the " Broad Street Bullies " ??? Back to back cups in 74-75 me thinks. Clarke , Leech , Barber , Parent , Schultz and my favorite " Mad Dog " Kelly , hey , were they not the original " Gooners " ???? You sure your not from Pittsburgh ?? ::

BadabrawlingBing :drunk:

Hi Zaad,

yeah, those were the days. Vitesse was a serious force in holland.

Unfortunately the club is currently not shure that it'll get a licence for next year. Finances aren't great and we don't have a well paying shirtsponsor neither.

The Vitesse board is trying to buy the stadion in order to save the rent. If they can arrange to buy the stadion, we have a fair chance of surviving.

I just don't hope we go the same way as KV Mechelen.

Cheers,

Limbo

Although I too am a great fan of the Original 6, Cosmic Surfer's suggestion that hockey was somehow "pure" and "better" when it was 98% Canadian is nonsense.

Great hockey has been played in Europe for many, many years -it just went largely unnoticed in N. America until the last decade or so. I think the European players have added great flair and talent to the game.

Too many teams now? Probably yes, but there is still plenty of quality in the NHL, and this quality is drawm from all around the globe.

That aside,

EPL = Gunners (Why? lived in North London from mid-80s - office mates back then Gooners as well. The obsession grew through the "boring, boring Arsenal" years all the way to the "French Connection scoring, scoring Arsenal" era.)

USA sports = Bosox, Bruins, Pats, Celts (Why? raised there - passed on through the generations - from childhood onward)

froggo

Badabing, those were a great Flyers team but I hated them. Only kid in town who hated them. When the Habs beat them in 4 straight in '80 it was better than sex (goes to show you the quality sex I get--haha). Best pro teams, all around season for any city that year. All 4 pro teams made it to the championship....but didn't win, except Phillies over the Royals, I think but not sure if that was the year. Eagles, Flyers & Sixers lost. I like your Red Wings, they are a class side.

Brink15 and Frog Patrol, to show you how much I hate Man Utd, just picture a Philly kid who is a Sixers fan during the '80s and recall the animus between the Sixers and the Celtics and then square it! haha. Brink15, TB is good but GB is looking good. Good luck. My Eagles are doing it with smoke and mirrors right now.

Yes, Lazy Phil I am too far gone. Its Arsenal now and forever. Don't fight it, there's still room at Highbury for one more! :)

Hi Steve,

besides Vitesse I'm also an Arsenal fan.

That started with glen Helder, remember him?? Ever since the Dutch connection stayed on and I got sucked in more and more. I saw Chelsea - Arsenal a few years back, I think it was 1-3, the season they became champions and I saw them at Wembley, a 1-0 defeat vs Fiorentina (Batistuta) for the CL. Never made it to Highbury for a game.

Especially living in LOS makes watching Vitesse very difficult and EPL that more easy.

Cheers,

limbo

Archived