Barfines On the Rise???

Sarisin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yesterday, christmas evening i wanted to to take a nice lady with me from the midnite bar in soi cowboy. the mama san told me : bar fine is today 1000 thb, uuuuuuuhhh, that's nice and i went out for a breezer in the old dutch, nice bar, nice owner also from the netherlands just like me........take care babkok-overdose

Barfine amounts have been allover the place the last two nights in SC and NEP.

Some bars had fixed barfines at 1,000 B all evening. Others had a sliding scale that decreased as the evenings wore on. And, some, didn't change their barfines at all. For example, I was surprised to see a 600 B barfine at Silver Dragon all Christmas Eve.

Expect more of the same New Year's Eve.

In the past I have had ladies offer to forego the money she receives later in return for an early barfine so they don't have to dance all night. No similar offers for me anyway this year.

""I was just wondering if you think the barfines in the sanuking districts are on the rise now.""

I went to Soi Cowboy on a Monday a couple of weeks ago--my first day on my just finished trip--, and there was a fire in one of the businesses there. Everyone was on the street (firefighters' trucks had a hard time cutting a path to the fire) and about half of the bars were without power. Bad juju; so I went back to Suk and hailed a taxi to Nana. I went into Fantasia, which I remembered from 2 years ago as having nice ladies. The bar's decoration has changed somewhat (used to be a pink job: now it's better) and the ladies are still very nice.

Long story short, 2 ladies entertained me and I barfined one of them, a pretty pleasant young lady. The barfine was 600 B and with the ladies drinks and mine it came to just about 1000 bahts.

Last trip (my first) I always asked what the price for a short-time. This time around, I felt confident that I knew the going rate (Ha!). So I simply said "short-time".

Back at the hotel, she would not do bbbj: I'm not a bj afficionado but it kind of kills the mood. Like taking a shower with a raincoat if you ask me. So I passed on that. Who wants to suck on a lubricated rubber anyway? The rest of the sex was not bad, but it was far from stellar. Oh yeah, and she took about 14 showers before, during, and after (you get the idea :-). In short, a so-so performance, but not a complete dud: we had our good moments.

Duration: a bit under 2 hours. She's about to leave and I give her a thousand plus a hundred bill for a taxi. Usually, they wai and are happy. Not this one. She looks down at the money and matter-of-factly states that the rate is 1500 and that is what she normally gets for short-time. She's not making a fuss or raising a stink about it, but she's acting as if I had given her 300 bahts or something like that.

Well, after the transaction has been consummated is simply not the time to negotiate, so I coughed up the extra 500. So the total cost of the short-time was over 2500 B.

I gave Fantasia a wide berth for the rest of the trip. The above does not apply to all bars in Nana and there is good value to be had in many a bar. I think it's a buyer beware thing. I think that most guys will pay the extra 100 or 200 bahts on the barfine because it seems like a drop in the bucket at this point and the bar-keepers count on that. I like the gogo's (although I kind of worked it out of my system on this trip); it's a different trip at a different price that's all. But my personal observation is that management often shows poor judgment. Outrageous noises levels are cases in point. Anyone with a brain between their ears can see why some of these places are empty of customers, even though their ladies are OK. You need to be deaf or catatonic-drunk to endure the sound in many if not most of the places.

Uncle Joe

I don't want to appear critical but I don't think you should include the costs of your and the girls drinks in the cost of doing business. You enjoyed your drink and their drinks well that parts debatable?

Old Hippie this is a great strategy! I've been very annoyed with the increase in fines as well, and only went to Nana twice my last trip. The worst was Angel Witch. They had the best quality but speaking Thai there seemed to be the 'kiss o' death' (at least in my limited experience). I think I'll have enough chances with my cell next 6 week trip to save some serious dough!

""I don't want to appear critical but I don't think you should include the costs of your and the girls drinks in the cost of doing business. You enjoyed your drink and their drinks well that parts debatable? ""

No offense taken. I don't begrudge the ladies' drinks, but they're part of the "procedure" and therefore of the cost of picking up a lady from a gogo rather than Thermae or a beer bar. It is a part of their livelihood and as you probably well know, in some places they agressively push for it, whereas free-lancers could not care less for drinks.

For instance, when I cross the threshold of Afterskool-now-Sunshine I know that it's going to cost me no less than 500 bahts in drinks and I don't even frequent the Naughty Boys Corner (call me a chump: I deserve it :-)

I don't drink alcohol but I like to bar-hop until I find a place I am comfortable with. I buy a soda or juice each time, and more often than not a lady-drink (any presentable lady who come sit with me gets one: most places only one girl will put the bite on you so it's not unreasonable). All of this adds up fast, even though I consider it cheap fun. I expect the cost and I budget for it. And no, I don't enjoy the drinks. Generally speaking, I'm not thirsty enough to enjoy 5 or 6 Sprites in the space of a couple of hours. Moreover, this generates trips to the filthy scumpits that pass for toilets in most gogo's :-)

Uncle Joe

Fine post, Uncle Joe - ain't you the guy from Petticoat Junction? :)

I don't what has happened to Fantasia. It used to be one of my favorite bars in NEP because of the ladies and fun there. It was the only Crown Group Bar I was patronizing despite their inflated prices.

The last two times I have been there I have had a drink thrown in my face (see my story on the paysite) causing a trip to the hospital and just walked out due to very few dancers and not being able to get a beer.

Fortunately, there are plenty of other excellent options in NEP.

As far as the prices go, this will be debated ad nauseum here, but IMO, the going rate for dancers in NEP is 1,500 ST and 2,000 ST. You may get asked for more, but most will settle on these amounts. Yes, there are times you can get by for less, but especially this time of the year (tourist season), I think the prices above ring true most of the time.

In the 'pong I was often quoted the same ST rate, but usually a higher figure, often 3,000 B, for LT. In Soi Cowboy I think you can still easily get the 1,000 ST/1,500 LT rates in some, but not all of the bars.

Just personal experience here fellas, not established bonafide rates. :)

Well all of this thread seems to be working my way.

I normally visit in the low season when obviously the girls are not pressing for the 2000+ LT. The holiday/high season sounds like a bit of a price gouging experience.

Now this other idea of a BF being a grand before 11pm, dropping to the norm of 500 after, sounds good too. I expect to see more choice on the stage when I arrive and a better selection when I decide I have had enough beer and need company, always after 11pm -normally nearer 2am :drunk:.

Those poor freelancer girls in the Nana carpark are going to lose out! :p

Archived