It makes me bloody angry!

robaus

I am guessing that where this literature refers to prostitutes, part of their redemption involves leaving the P4P field. Do you agree

-----------------------

No. I was being general about people whom society might give the low brow, but turned out to be heroes if only by one act of giving selflessly. Could be prostitutes, or anyone without education. But thanks for letting us know it's really the job you despise, and not the woman, as you finally admitted they might be prostitutes one day, and leaving it behind them another day. See!!!!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My regular girl once complained about her girl friend who is not nearly as hot: "Look at her, she never even tries to talk to farang. She wants you to pay for her f---ing drinks. I can get farang whenever I want. I not have to ask other lady's farang to buy drinks. She not look like me so men not want to f--k her, then she ask me for money all the time. I am going to kick her out of my apartment."

My girl did not care that her friend might be listening. I was feeling bad for her girlfriend. At the time, I thought my girl was being an arrogant piece of shit, even cruel.

Than along comes Pattaya127 with another brilliant insight that lets me look at my girl's statement in a whole different light:

these girls re-assert themselves with pride, even if misplaced and vain. Basically the strength of this pride is inversely proportional to the lows of their self-esteem.

:: :: ::

biggrinsanta.gif MaiLuk frosty.gif

Than along comes Pattaya127 with another brilliant insight

------------------------------

Gee! I like the sound of that!!! :);)

I tell you man, That does not come from the depth of my intellect. That statement comes from experiencing life with some of these girls with my blood, sweat and tears. And i thought it was just a70's band ::!!!!!

Says Casper:

Songmak, I'm not sure there will ever be an answer forthcoming.

[color:"purple"] Trust me there has not been one to this conjecture of the thread and there will not be one within the next 5 pages of drivel.
[/color]

I've seen this before where someone will make basically an outrageous statement, then proceed to debate primarily by obfuscation and diversion.

[color:"purple"] The old pick and choose your arguments technique. Politicians employ it quite effectively during interviews. They never answer the interviewers' question they just pick one concept and keep repeating it over and over again until the interviewing time is up or until the interviewer becomes sidetracked with the garble.
[/color]

The problem with taking a basically indefensible position is that once you commit yourself to it, you either have to ignore rational arguments to the contrary, or in the end admit you probably went overboard. Guess where we're at in this thread?
:)

[color:"purple"] Guess where this thread will end up?
[/color]

Not to be too harsh on Harlequin, but seems he'd rather debate the details rather than discuss the core issues raised by his initial comment.

[color:"purple"] Go ahead and be harsh he will just comment on your tone rather than the points you raise.

Concerning people who like to debate details, that is one of my biggest pet peeves. Ever notice how people will focus on statistics to save their arguments or quote some research report as fact instead of actually accepting that they were off base or didn't realize that there was a different perspective that they did not explore?
[/color]

I think the points I (and others) have raised still stands, but I fear they will probably not be addressed. I'd restate what these are, but I'm trying not to waste bandwidth.
;)

[color:"purple"] Join the club hombre!
[/color]

I actually think the original point HQ raised was one worth discussing. The reason being I think it is sadly shared by a lot of people. I would be interested in what made someone arrive at such a conclusion and why they avidly participate with such people in an activity that is purely optional.

[color:"purple"] Usually those who sin cast the biggest stones!
[/color]

[color:"red"]Most people would use the word ALSO when they agree with the items on the list and want to add further to the list. In my dictionary, "also" means "in addition" and I would say that this definitely implies that you agree with the points cited beforehand. I mean, what's the point to adding to a list when you only agree with half of it?[/color]

Soongmak,

Yes, it could imply that I agree with all points or with some of the points, or maybe I didn't bother reading your list at all. You seem to think what I am implying here is important to this discussion, and I have explained what I meant. Don't give equal weight to what people say directly and what you think they are implying. For example, earlier in this thread, you said:

[color:"red"] So first it's me and now it are other people again? Congratulations on your umpteenth U-turn and ducking the subject at hand again.

I think it is time to leave you and this thread alone.

Congratulations on your Pyrrhic victory.[/color]

Now, to me, you were implying that you would not be making a post in this thread again. There I was, enjoying my Pyrrhic victory, until you started posting again. Obviously, what I thought you were implying is wrong.

Mai Ben Rai (no problem).

Harlequin

[color:"red"] I guess if you had an old guy poking you from behind while squeezing your tits, you would feel different about the matter [/color]

Soongmak,

Yeah, like anyone is going to pay money to squeeze my tits!

But seriously,

Hard work is a farmer in Issan bending over all day in the hot sun to plant rice seedlings.

Hard work is a foreign exchange clerk in a tourist area of Bangkok having to deal with the likes of us all day long in our unrelenting demand for Baht to finance our debaucheries.

Hard work is a conductor collecting fares in one of those red non-A/C busses, packed with people on an opressively hot, humid day in Bangkok.

Hard work is a low-level Thai employee attending night school to improve her English and her employment prospects, even after putting in an exhausting day at her regular job.

But getting fondled and bum-f*cked? Hard work? Some would say so, others would find it a delightful pleasure (that's what the Eden Club is for). Me? I would call it degrading work.

Harlequin

[color:"red"] Songmak, I'm not sure there will ever be an answer forthcoming. [/color]

Caspar, in my last post to you, I asked you the following questions:

Hypothetically, assuming that prostitution did not have its attendant risks (STD, beating by customers, legal risks, etc.):

- Would you marry a prostitute?

- Would you have any objection to your mother, sister or daughter working as a prostitute?

- If you were having difficulty finding employment, would you object to your wife prostituting herself to earn money for the family?

- In the above case, how would you feel about assisting your wife in finding customers?

- Imagine your wife is a prostitute. The two of you are attending a social function. You both are in a group where everyone is discussing troubles with their jobs. You wife wants to add her 2 cents worth, so she starts taking about a customer of hers who had an erectile disfuction, and how she dealt with it 'orally'. Would you feel uneasy at all about this?

- Still at the social function above. You and your wife happen to run into a customer of hers. The customer is full of praise for your wife's superb body and describes same in detail to you. Would you feel uneasy at all about this?

Will there ever be answer forthcoming in my questions to you?

[color:"red"] I've seen this before where someone will make basically an outrageous statement, then proceed to debate primarily by obfuscation and diversion.

Now we are on whether prostitution is hard work or not? Or the definition of 'also' means in the context of Harlequin agreeing with your post or not?

[/color]

Caspar, be fair. Soongmak raised this issue of what 'also' means, not me. He is creating the diversion. It was also Soongmak who wanted to quibble over the definition of "prejudice" earlier on in this thread.

[color:"red"] By the way, HQ, I do apologize for coming on too strong in the beginning, but you evoked a visceral response in me (which was maybe your intent) that led a lot of the 'thunder' behind my initial post. I think the points I (and others) have raised still stands, but I fear they will probably not be addressed. I'd restate what these are, but I'm trying not to waste bandwidth. [/color]

You apology would carry a lot more weight with me were it not accompanied by a suggestion that I am a troll. Nevertheless, I will accept it at face value and trust you will keep your temper under control in future posts.

Caspar, whatever else you may write in reply to this post, I really do expect an answer to the questions above.

Harlequin

[color:"red"] You are right on the first sight there is a contradiction in the conclusion. But in my opinion both statements are correct however. The point to verify is indeed the 1 to 30 ratio from which I also do not know if it is correct, also to me it seems to be rather high. However, in this calculation I guess not only the incomes of the ladies are considered, but also everything related to the business such as barfines, taxes of the etablisements, business related corruption etc. etc. If you add up everything in and around the business I am certain just a very small percentage ends up in the pockets of the ladies, but the cake is very huge. [/color]

BKKFreak,

OK, I understand now; thanks for the explaination. I supposed the 30:1 ratio is a very general figure. It can be higher or lower depending on the situation. I thought it was too high because I was considering freelancers in the farang P4P scene, who I always assumed would keep most of the income they generated. But other segments of the P4P scene have much higher 'overhead' costs (thus much lower 'profit margins' for the protitutes).

I recall one evening I was walking along lower Sukhumvit very late at night. Many of the bargirls were coming off work, and winding down with a meal at the sidewalk restaurants, shopping for clothes from itinerant vendors, getting their fortunes told, or spending their earnings in some manner. At that time it occured to me that prostitution provided a livelihood for a lot of people aside from the bargirls themselves or the bars where they work at.

Harlequin

Archived