It makes me bloody angry!

robaus

She?d turned her back on him, and he didn't just threaten, but had actually hit her over the back of the head with a bottle

F-----g idiot farangs in Thailand.

This brings up the question, what to do if you see a confrontation between a bargirl and a fellow farang. Step in and tell him to settle down? Mind your own busines since you don't know the cause of the dispute? Mind your own business even if you do know the cause?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Step in one time on soi Cowboy, this guy idea of fun was pinching the girls arms but not a little pinch because I saw a girl with a bruise on her arm a direct result of this f..... guy, I said to mamasan and the girls that they had to warn the guy that I will not accept this any longer but they did nothing because he was a customer.

At his next try I warn the guy myself and I was thinking he understand but a few minutes later he began doing it again and that was it, I threw the guy out of the bar myself and he saw that I was so upset he didn't try anything to stop me.

I came back in the bar and I was the only guy in the bar so I rang the bell and paid a drink to everyone and we had a great party there that night.

He was a bit bigger than me but I was so upset that I didn't have any fear. I am usually a very patient guy but I have my limit.

Don't know what these guys have in mind when they are doing those silly things but I have no pity for them when they put themself in a very bad situation.

"F-----g idiot farangs in Thailand.

This brings up the question, what to do if you see a confrontation between a bargirl and a fellow farang. Step in and tell him to settle down? Mind your own busines since you don't know the cause of the dispute? Mind your own business even if you do know the cause"

A friend who i don't know for raving told me the following story wich happened in Patpong about 10 days ago.A white guy was sitting by foodland seemingly minding his own business and a girl came to him,started to scream than hit him,he tried rather passively to stop her than she took a bottle and hit him with hit.he started to bleed but didn't punch her back.Soon several thai guys came and kicked the hell out of him.Than even more thais guys ran to the party and kicked him even more,trying to wack him with bricks or something.

That's a second hand report but I've seen this kind of things happened,and not only in Thailand,I find girls pretty good at getting guys in hospital or jail.About the question from Mailuk,I think i'd step back first,and if the show is good,I'd enjoy it(a dozen of thai touts stomping a foreigner is NOT my idea of a funny show)

" This brings up the question, what to do if you see a confrontation between a bargirl and a fellow farang."

Just remember one thing some of these bargirls know how to fight. When I was there last time I witnessed a fight with a Bg and a farang. This was a straight face to face punch up and guess who was winning and guess who was bloodied up and trying to retreat gracefully.

[color:"red"] Why it is so troubling to you on a solely anonymous forum to speak about participation in P4P? [/color]

Caspar, this issue has already been covered in this thread. You can badger me all you want but I am not going to discuss this. If you can't make your case without this information, back away from the disucssion. If this is an issue of face for you, I will concede that you have won by default because I failed to provide this information.

[color:"red"] BTW, I notice you never answered my question about why one wouldn't seek out non-P4P venues with a regular GF who could provide you with non-monetary based sex... nice dodge -- again. [/color]

You did not ask a question; you were making a statement. I am not sure what you are driving at: do you mean going to a non-P4P venue to pick up a girl (non-pro) for sex, or taking a regular girlfriend (with whom you are having a physical relationship) to a non-P4P venue?

[color:"red"] To me it is entirely wrong to state thievery is somehow more 'ok' because of your moral condemnation (or lack of respect, or whatever niggling term you might finally agree to) of BGs and their profession. That's how you jumped into this thread my friend, and what got me riled in the first place.

My conclusion is the sum of your argument seems entirely disjointed (as others have pointed out) -- prostitutes are unworthy of respect, because prostitution is a profession that is unworthy or respect. Therefore it follows that when people cheat them it's ok because they aren't worthy of respect. Does that cover it? [/color]

I have already made it clear in this thread that I do not condone the punter's actions in not compensating the prostitute. Your summation of my argument is not accurate.

There is no need to get 'riled'. I am a compassionate person, and while I do not respect a prostitutes choice of occupation, I wish them a happy and satisfying life as much as anyone.

[color:"red"] I'll answer any questions you ask germane to this subject, could you do the same? [/color]

OK, here are some questions. Hypothetically, assuming that prostitution did not have its attendant risks (STD, beating by customers, legal risks, etc.):

- Would you marry a prostitute?

- Would you have any objection to your mother, sister or daughter working as a prostitute?

- If you were having difficulty finding employment, would you object to your wife prostituting herself to earn money for the family?

- In the above case, how would you feel about assisting your wife in finding customers?

- Imagine your wife is a prostitute. The two of you are attending a social function. You both are in a group where everyone is discussing troubles with their jobs. You wife wants to add her 2 cents worth, so she starts taking about a customer of hers who had an erectile disfuction, and how she dealt with it 'orally'. Would you feel uneasy at all about this?

- Still at the social function above. You and your wife happen to run into a customer of hers. The customer is full of praise for your wife's superb body and describes same in detail to you. Would you feel uneasy at all about this?

Since I am not telling you certain aspects of my personal life, you may decline to answer these questions. I respect that. But tell me how you think a typical man would respond to them.

Harlequin

Would you marry a prostitute?

---------------------------

just picking out one of your questions. If I marry a prostitute, well, obviously she is not one anymore, she is my wife. The job is not to be confused with the person, esp. in Thailand. Anyone with a little sympathy and compassion shall see the human being in them, and avoid casting the shadow of irrespectability upon them. For God's sake! they are not thai politicians. Now, that would be unforgivable! :: :: ::

To be able to function well on something ones do, a little pride goes a long way.

----------------------------------

How well you have put the finger on it. This is what i have experienced, these girls re-assert themselves with pride, even if misplaced and vain. basically the strength of this pride is inversely proportional to the lows of their self-esteem. Elementary, My dear Watson, uh...Jasmine!

"The job is not to be confused with the person, esp. in Thailand. Anyone with a little sympathy and compassion shall see the human being in them, and avoid casting the shadow of irrespectability upon them."

These statements alone are worth the effort of dredging through 18 pages of posts on this topic.

Hi,

Looks like you 'missed' my question, so I figured I'd repeat it. Wouldn't want people to think you are avoiding the questions you don't want to answer, right? :)

Sanuk!

-----------------------

Hi,

"Agreed, it is their job."

Than can you please explain why you see a difference between the bargirl and the other professions below?

- a bargirl asking to get paid for companionship, which a friend gives for free

- a psychiater (sp?) asking to get paid for advice, which a friend would give for free

- a masseuse asking to get paid for massaging you, which a friend would do for free

Sanuk!

-----------------------

KS,

Sorry for the delayed reply. You question is a good one and I wanted to think it over it a bit first before answering. In fact, I have a relative who is a female and a health care professional - I essentially put the same question to her - why does she charge money for providing health care, yet not for making love? She is an open-minded person and had a good laugh over this; she started reminising over her high school days, where the older girls would advise the younger ones "don't give it away for free!" (didn't you ever wonder what they talk about in the girl's locker room?)

Anyway, her response was that pretty much any women can peddle her ass, but it takes a lot of education, training, skill, etc. to become an effective health care professional. It is like 7 to 10 years of post-secondary schooling to be a psychiatrist in my country. Not sure about a masseuse - there is a school for them at Wat Pho that seems prestigious, so I figure it has to be several months at least. My relative also talked about accountability; health care professionals are licenced so they need to demonstrate knowledge and act professionally. You bring harm to the patient or do something unethical, they pull your licence, and you are possibly looking at a lawsuit as well.

When a friend gives me advise or massage for free, I understand that I am getting what I am paying for. I know they would not do anything that would harm me on purpose, but I will not complain if their service does not benefit me.

If I may, I would like to rephrase your question in this way: How do you compare the sexual services provided by the prostitute with services provided by a licenced health care worker? They both provide a service for money, so why should you not give them the same respect?

The main reason I would not give them the same respect is, as explained above, it usually takes hard work and training to provide a truly beneficial service to the client. I feel the prostitute wants the money that is earned by a trained professional, but is unwilling to put the hard work and training in to get it. Some prostitutes work harder than others, but even if they just lie on their back and spread their legs while the punter goes at it, they still expect payment as much as if they were more active participants. A health care worker simply could not behave the same way. And they would not: health care workers are much more likely that prostitutes to be committed to doing their jobs properly for their clients benefit. Prostitutes are much more likely than health care workers to maximize their income while minimizing the work they do to earn it. I would not expect a psychiatrist to manipulate my emotions in order to defraud me. I would not be surprised if a prostitute did. How often do we hear stories about prostitutes with several "boyfriends" overseas, all sending money to her in the mistaken believe that they are in a monogamous relationship with her?

Harlequin

Archived