Getting my friend over to sweden..

Hi!

The "Systembolaget" doesn't really enter in to it. Tax free shops are the only ones outside the liqor monopoly that can sell booze in Sweden. Ofcourse they are formally outside Sweden. It's true that Sweden has very high alcohol tax. The only country I know of that has a higher tax is Norway. Today it is actually profitable for a couple of blokes to drive a van from Stockholm down to Denmark, fill it up with the legal amount of booze/wine/beer and drive back to Stockholm. :(

Moreover my point was that some EU regulations are more relaxed in some countries than in others. Apart from Frankfurt I have also bought booze in Salzburg and Milano. At least in Salzburg they explicitly told us that the tax free shops wouldn't check our boarding passes so we could by what we wanted. I Frankfur I once saw a big sign outside a shop that they would sell anything except tobacco to passengers within EU. I don't however know if it was taxfree or not. As a previous poster pointed out, booze taxed in Germany would still be a great deal to Swedes.

As a side note, when I was young I used to make my own booze. I never did find a way to avoid the VAT on sugar and yeast though so wasn't entirely tax free. :grinyes:

regards

ALHOLK

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well that with an extension is not so much to look up right now, we had a small argument and it seems like she wated to go back to thailand in a week or so, butnext day in the morning i she tells me to forget everything she said the night before, and that she is gonna stay with me long time... i must admit i dont really know where i have her and what she really want to do with me or her life, but i guess she dont know either and is very confused when dealing with new feelings and missing friends down in LOS and stuff like that. i guess time will tell about what she plans to do,

i am trying hard to make everything good for her and not for her to worry about anything,

not to worry be happy.... she say that very much some day i understand what she means.

to be continued..

cheers

sorry to disagree again, but passport control & EU countries are not exclusive as e.g. UK haven't joined the Schengen, which means we still go thru passport control flying between schengen & non schengen memebers within EU! so the 'tax fee' shops strictly enforcing the 'rules' needs to check bording pass & 'tax' the purchased goods accordingly.

as alholk added some airports even advertice 'no bording pass checks' in order to boost sales & who am I to complain? this is a fair compensation for having to stand in line for passport control within EU :grinyes:

enjoy!

Archived